Chapter Eighteen

Kai is still leaving for hours every day, Maddie was growing tired of it as she had given him so many opportunities to tell her what this is all about he still hasn't said a word. She was so sick of the lies and the deceit so today she decided to follow him to learn once and for all what the deal was. Around 9 he wakes up and gets dressed before kissing her gently on the cheek and walking out of the room, she waits a few more minutes before quickly pulling on some jeans and one of his hoodies and running after him. She spots him walking up the street and she follows. After 20 mins of following him, Maddie knew exactly where he was going, to the store which is odd because he hates shopping. She stays far behind and waits to catch him walking out, but instead, she sees two people arguing in the parking lot. She gasps because there are other people here and he didn't bother to say a word, she watches as the girl storms away and the guy goes back into the store. She tries to see their faces but they are too far away, a few minutes later then she watches as the girl walks back into the store, and moments later they come walking out dragging an unconscious Kai behind them. She curses and follows them and she soon realizes where they are headed, to her old house. The man had the same hair and the same build. Could it be Damon? She quickly shakes the thought of her brother out of her head and watches them walk into the house closing the door behind them. Maddie quickly runs up to the window and looks in. She sees Kai tied up on the couch and the other two are in the other room. Kai wakes up and sees her standing through the window. He shakes his head at her as if telling the girl to get away but she was a vampire and wasn't worried about whoever these people were. She ignores him and walks straight in.

    "I don't know who you are or why you're in my house but I'm gonna need him back" I say to the strangers. The man walks in and she quickly recognizes Damon

    "Maddie?" he says, she wastes no time and sprints over to him and jumps into his arms hugging him as tight as she can. She never thought she would see him again.

    "Damon, what are you doing here?"

    "never mind me what are you doing here we all thought you died"

    "I did but when I hugged Bonnie I was sent here" she says gasping as the bennet witch herself enters the room

    "Bonnie?", she runs to her friend and hugs her just as tight, she was happy for a moment and then Damon speaks up

    "wait so you know this psycho?", she turns and crosses her arms glaring at Kai.

    "this is my boyfriend"

    "boyfriend?" Damon repeats in disgust

    "well soon to be ex-boyfriend if he doesn't tell me why the hell he knew you were here and why he didn't tell me" she says glaring at Kai who is still tied up, she walks over and rip the tape off his lips and he growls.

    "explain now"

    "ok ok, I knew they were here from the moment they appeared, I watched them because I needed to make sure it was her."

    "what do you mean?" Maddie asks

    "Bonnie is the key to getting us out of here", Kai says, Damon walks up to him holding a fire poker

    "ok now for the Q&A portion of the day" he says

    "Its ok, we are on the same team"