Chapter Fifteen

"Kai come down here" Maddie yells from downstairs. Kai feels a rush of excitement as he hears her voice calling out to him. Things had been good since he lost control, he was sure if she were anybody else they would have run screaming but being as she had to struggle with control on a daily basis she understood what he was going through. One of his favorite things about her was the fact that she never treated him like he was crazy, she treated him like a human and sometimes he didn't know how to handle it. He wanted so badly to love her and tell her every second of the day how much she meant to him but it wasn't gonna happen, he was incapable of love. He could say for a fact that Madison Salvatore had stolen his heart and he didn't plan on ever giving her up, though he didn't 'love' her he cared about her, more than anything in his life. He snaps out of his thoughts and does as told, running downstairs to see her standing in the kitchen holding something behind her back smiling widely. He walks over smirking.

    "what have you got there?"

    "well I'm glad you asked because today I've decided that we will be participating in a relaxing painting session" she says pulling out two canvases from behind her back

"ok but don't be upset when my painting is the modern-day Picasso and the most amazing thing you've ever seen," Kai says smiling as she giggles at his comment, he adored her laugh. He then walks around the stands she had set up and over to her short frame, he wraps his arms around her waist and snuggles his face into her shoulder breathing in the scent of her strawberry-scented hair, she laughs and kisses him softly.

"Ok, let's start" she says, pulling away and handing him the materials. The two spend the next two hours painting and talking about their TV show preferences and Maddie informed Kai of many of her favorite shows from her time that she wished she could show him.  Kai watches as she speaks about some show called 'the walking dead' that she loved, it was about the zombie apocalypse and he laughs as she informs him of all the necessary information he would need in case that happened in their world.  Even though Kai can't paint for shit, this is something he never wanted to forget. As he watches the way she concentrates on her painting and then brings her eyes back up to his and smiling while describing what not to do when a 'walker' is coming after you. He loves her smile. He knew that he would do anything to keep it on her face.

    "ok I'm finished, are you done?" she asks

    "yeah I'm done and you should prepare yourself because this is true art" he says holding up his poorly tree painting

    "wow that's so cute I love it you truly are Picasso! we could hang it up on the wall by the door"

"Ok I wanna see yours now" he says, she turns her canvas around and shows him a beautiful painting of me smiling and his mouth falls to the ground in shock, he had known her for months now and she was always finding new ways to impress him with her talents.

    "I think this is the first time I've ever been speechless in my 40 years of existence" he says

    "wow I'm proud to have been the person to make you speechless"

    "Maddie that is absolutely amazing"

    "really I mean I wanted to blend the colors a bit more so I'm not sure-"

    "no it's amazing. Now this is definitely going on the wall" he says and she laughs