Chapter Thirteen

After Maddie had spilled all of her deepest and darkest secrets that night at the ' venting rock' they named it, the two felt closer than ever. There was no longer anything standing between them and they were able to just enjoy each other. Maddie was currently standing at the top of a hill watching as Kai walked slowly complaining with each step he took. She rolls her eyes because taking a hike was his idea and she had asked him several times if he was sure he wanted to do this and he reassured her that he did. Now here they were just a few meters from the top done with the hike and Kai is completely done, and won't stop bitching at the girl for walking so far ahead of him. Eventually, she grew tired of the complaints and she walks down to him and place his arm over her shoulder and basically drags him the rest of the way while he smirks and talks to her about the time he broke into the Oval Office.

    "Kai oh my god please stop telling me about how you killed yourself in the Oval Office"

    "it's a great story" 

    "no it's not, I don't wanna picture you dying so if you'd please give it a rest"

    "aww red that's sweet, who would have thought you would care about me"

    "you say it like that's a bad thing" she mumbles adjusting his weight on her shoulder

    "anyone who's ever cared about me has ended up dead"

    "well I guess I'll just have to be an exception"

-

When they finally make it to the top Maddie looks at Kai and lets his arm and Kai falls to the ground panting, she looks at him with her eyebrows raised before letting out a loud laugh at him he looks at her and flashes his middle finger before groaning loudly. As he sits on the ground trying to catch his breath the girl pulls out the camcorder the two had been using to record cute little skits out of boredom. She lifts the camera and pans it across the landscape making sure to include the beautiful lake as well as Kai sitting on the ground, she laughs as he flips off the camera before smiling back at her. After a few more seconds she turns off the camera and rolls her eyes as his moans of pain echo through the woods, Maddie struts over to him and pulls him up to his feet, maybe a little too hard. He glares at her and walks over to the edge of the cliff taking a seat with his back to her,  she follows him and sits down next to him.

    "I hate it when you manhandle me" he grumbles

    "kai?" 

    "hmm"

    "how long have you been here again?" she asks

    "18 years and 2 months and 27 days"

    "wow you're probably pretty old huh" she says giggling, he looks at her clearly offended

    "Do I look old to you? I am 22 thank you very much"

    "no you're like..." she pauses while doing the math

    "40!"

    "yeah so?"

    "Damn old timer I don't know if I should hang out with you anymore it's kinda creepy"

    "you're one to talk! aren't you technically like over a hundred years old?"

    "well I'm actually 169 years old but I don't count those years because I was asleep for all of them" she replies

    "I may be an old-timer but you're ancient"

    "yeah I guess so"

    "how old are you really?" 

"I'm 20" he nods, and the two fall into a comfortable silence as they watch midday the eclipse in awe. Once it's over she turns and smiles at him. He looks at her with staring directly into her eyes, the contact made her blush instantly as it felt like he stared into her soul. Kai didn't have any control over himself at this moment, it was like she was controlling him, all he could think about was how soft her lips would be against his.

"Maddie you are beautiful," he says, she feels herself panic at the intimate complement mixed with how close their faces and allows her hair to hide her face, but he moves his hand to her chin and lifts the girl's face up to look at him.

"don't hide from me" he says, before he leans forward and presses his lips against hers, she's shocked at first as she had never kissed anybody before, after a few moments she relaxes and moves her lips against his slowly. He pulls away removing his hands from her face.

" I shouldn't have done that" he says, still blushing madly. Kai stands up and goes to leave when Maddie frowns, not wanting him to regret what just happened, she takes a deep breath and vamp speed over to him and yanks his neck down to her height and kisses him again, this one is much harder than the last as she had no clue what he was doing, but it also didn't last as long as they pull away after a couple of seconds. The two stand there and look at each other both shocked at what had just taken place before she breaks the silence.

"kai that was my first kiss", he looks shocked but then understanding courses through him as he remembers her story. Kai couldn't believe he actually did it, he kissed her and he wasn't numb he felt something, he wasn't quite sure what it was but it definitely wasn't anger which is what he was used to. As soon as they pulled away he missed the feeling of her lips against his, it was beginning to worry him how much he depended on her, it was almost harder to breathe when she was gone. He always missed her when she left the room and his only goal in life was to make her happy, but he couldn't ignore his urges, and he worried that they might destroy everything for him.

"well I'm happy it was me" he replies wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her into his chest

"so now that you're my girlfriend does that mean you won't get mad if I sneak into your bed at night?" he says remembering the time he snuck into her bed because he missed her and she about killed him out of fear.

    "girlfriend huh?"

    "yep" he says smiling proudly

    "we'll see"

    "what are you doing to me red?" he asks as he watches her begin the trek back down the hike.