Chapter Twenty Nine

*Sexual Content*

After an extremely long day, Kai and Maddie head back to his apartment and she instantly crashes on his coach putting her feet across the cushions. She watches as he locks the door and takes a seat wordlessly on the recliner seeming to be in the middle of deep thought. She stands to her feet and walks over to him taking a seat on his lap earning his attention instantly, he smiles and wraps his arms around her tightly as he buries his head in her neck.

    "you scared me today" he mumbles

    "I'm sorry, I had to though it was for Bonnie"

    "I know I get it. I've never felt that feeling before, when you were unconscious I was terrified I wasn't gonna be able to pull you back. It felt like years before you opened your eyes and I swear I've never been so relieved in my entire life. Feelings are hard"

    "you're getting the hang of it, what you felt today was worry"

    "I hate that" he grumbles

    "well now you know how I feel"

    "Baby?" he asks softly, she pulls back slightly to look at him

    "I love you and I have no idea what I would have done if I'd lost you today, but I can tell you right now it wouldn't have been pretty" he says

    "I love you more than you'll ever know, and I don't want you to worry about losing me because it will never happen. I'm always gonna be here because you got me in so deep"

"Good, because the feelings mutual" he says leaning up and kissing her softly, her hands tangle in his hair while he finds her waist. After a few moments, it gets heated and she tugs on the ends of his hair earning a groan of delight making her smirk against his lips. He then stands taking her with him and walks them to his bedroom without breaking the kiss once, he shuts the door using his foot and she allows her hands to fall from his hair and down his chest to the end of his shirt lifting it. He takes it off and reconnects their lips while he works on her hoodie she'd stolen from him. Once he gets it over her head she blushes at the realization that it was finally happening. He backs them to the bed and she sits down scooting herself back and laying on her back before he crawls on top of her and begins kissing down her neck, she gasps in pleasure and she begins to lose control, as her true face appears. When he comes back up he doesn't look phased by the ugly veins at all, but instead, he leans down and kisses under each eye making them retract. She smiles and reconnects their lips once again while getting to work on trying to get his pants off, he groans and pulls away slipping off his tight jeans and throws them on the floor while she laughs at his frustration with skinny jeans. He then looks down at her breathing heavily but rather than kissing her again he just stares.

    "what?"

    "you're just so beautiful" he says moving a stray piece of hair out of her face, she giggles and hides her face against his arm

    "we should probably stop"

    "why?" she asks in confusion, had she done something wrong? His head perks up and he looks at her in surprise

    "I mean unless you don't want to stop"

    "no I don't want to stop" she says pulling him back down to into a kiss