Chapter Fifty One

Days had passed since Kai had fed on his wife, this had now become a normal thing. He would make her every meal as he loved cooking and trying out new recipes and she would provide blood whenever he needed it, and his control had improved greatly. The two had kept busy by fixing up their cute little house, for the past week Maddie had been working hard on her dream garden which was proving to be much harder than she thought. Being in the sun all day takes a lot of energy out of her and by the end of the day she was able to fall asleep within minutes of laying her head down on the pillow. That day she woke up feeling well-rested as she stretches her limbs out, she frowns as she realizes Kai is not sleeping beside her and shrugs it off before hopping into the shower while killing her favorite shower song, I will survive by Gloria ganor. She was surprised that Kai hadn't come into the bathroom and made some sort of comment about her loud singing as he usually did. He would normally come into the room and mock her singing ability or join her, she found it odd that neither happened this morning. As she gets dressed in one of Kai's hoodies and leggings she can't help but worry as they were on borrowed time, he could be taken back to hell at any moment. She shakes the thought out of her head and enters the kitchen hoping to see him whipping up some new recipe he found but it was empty, no sign of him ever being there. She quickly runs out of the house looking around the yard for him and her heart beats faster as she doesn't find him.

"Kai?" she yells running down to the river bank looking in both directions for her husband, however she finds nothing. She sprints back to the house and checks the driveway noticing that their car was still in the same spot they'd left it.

"No no no" she mumbles as she begins to hyperventilate, she runs back into the house and frantically searches for her phone, she finds it sitting on the counter and grabs it pressing on Kai's contact tapping her fingers against the counter rapidly as it rings. After a few seconds, she hears a buzzing coming from the living room and follows it, as soon as her eyes land on his phone sitting on the coffee table she drops to her knees as sobs rack through her body. She had lost him again, though she had always known it would happen she hadn't been ready for it, not in the slightest. She had hoped they would have more time together, maybe Katherine would see what an effort he was making to be a better person, but it was a daydream. She's the devil, she shouldn't have expected her to grant freedom. Maddie had only wanted to spend her final days with him but now she had lost him all over again. Her cries come to a halt when she hears the front door open, she gets to her feet and shakily walks into the kitchen where her eyes find Kai Parker himself setting down bags of stuff on the counter. His eyes snap up at her happily but his face quickly falls as he sees her.

    "Whats wrong?" he asks running over to her and bringing her into his arms, she can't find it in her to respond and begins crying once again, she really thought he was gone. She grips him for dear life as he rubs her back comfortingly

    "What happened?" he asks a few minutes later, after she had calmed down a bit

    "I woke up and you were gone, I thought Katherine took you back"

    "Oh baby" he says feeling guilty as he hugs her tighter

    "Where did you go?"

    "Here let me show you" he says, grabbing her hands and leading her to the counter, he places his hands on her hips and hoists her up. She watches as he unpacks everything he bought curiously as she wipes her tears.

    "Happy Birthday!" he says holding a nicely decorated cake up to her, her eyebrows raised in shock as she realized it was in fact her birthday and she had just freaked out over nothing.

    "Oh my god I completely forgot, thank you!" she says laughing while still sniffling from her breakdown

   "I should have told you I was leaving but you were sleeping and you were literally out, and I didn't wanna wake you up because you've been working so hard on your garden. Which looks great by the way"

    "Its fine, I was being dramatic, now let's get into this cake it looks amazing" she says bringing her finger across the side as she tries the frosting, she smiles in delight before slicing a piece and eating it.

    "But wait there's more" Kai says holding something behind his back

    "You didn't have to get me-"

    "Madison don't even finish that sentence, I had to get you something its your 500th birthday and I also feel really bad about scaring you so I hope this helps" he says, she rolls her eyes as he makes fun of her age and sets down her piece of cake watching him with curiosity.

"So I saw this the other day when you were looking at stuff from victoria's secret, which I still think needs to be tried on so I can see later, but anyway back to the story. I saw it and I thought wow that's really beautiful I've never seen anything like it and I asked the guy how much it was and he said $20,000 and I was like boy who do you think I am? So I compelled him and he gave me this for free along with store credit which is cool because they had this gorilla thing I liked" he says revealing a box from behind his back causing her eyes to widen as she gasps, he opens it revealing a ring and she smiles widely.

    "I know this is really late because we've been married a while now but I wanted you to have the perfect ring. So Madison Parker, will you please allow me to remain your husband?"

    "Of course"

"Nice! I've really been enjoying it! The guy was like oh you're looking for your girlfriend, getting serious huh? And I was like no she's my wife and he gave me this weird stare and I was like Woah buddy who are you to-" Maddie cuts him off by kissing him gently, he kisses back and skillfully places the ring on her finger while not breaking the kiss once. They pull apart and she smiles admiring it.

    "I absolutely love it" she says

    "I absolutely love you"

    "Awww thats so sweet" she says before grabbing a piece of the cake and smashing it into his face causing him to gasp in shock

    "I know you didn't just"

    "That's for scaring me" she says before jumping off of the counter and running out of the room giggling as Kai chases her