"telepathy" | yami sukehiro x wife!reader

Author's Note:

Surprise! I hope you like this one. It's super short but I'm working on a longer one so in the meantime, I figured I'd give you guys something to geek over lmao! Also, this song makes me wish I was legally drinking champagne on the balcony of a luxurious resort, wrapped in a fluffy robe watching the city lights and ocean water all from where I sat. Just saying!

Enjoy!

Quiet nights together like this were a rarity, but when they happened, they were utilized

Quiet nights together like this were a rarity, but when they happened, they were utilized. It wasn't easy for the pair to spend most of their time a multitude of miles apart, but their gravitation to one another outweighs the distance. Tonight, the stars seemed to shine a bit brighter, even if it was just their imaginations. (Y/n), with her stunning figure soaking up the heat of the hot springs, hummed a little tune and combed her fingers through the Black Bulls Captain's hair to busy herself. Yami, immersed in awe, listened in silence, allowing himself to relax into her comforting embrace. This went on for a while as they let the silence do all the talking.

A thought crossed the (brunette, blonde, etc.)'s mind. "Yami, do you remember when I used to joke about how I was your future wife?"

He nodded, his eyes closed in serenity.

She smiled and proceeded. "Well, what was really going through your mind? You always brushed me off, but I knew better than to believe your tough exterior."

Finally opening his eyes to meet her curious eyes, Yami simply replied. "You're full of questions, woman."

(Y/n) flicked his forehead. "I'm just wondering."

"Fine, fine," he sighed. "To be honest, I wanted you to be right. And sure enough...you were."

"I knew it!" She squealed. "I'm practically telepathic!"

Shaking his head, Yami smiled to himself. "Will ya shut up already? I'm tryna relax."

"Wait! Wait!" (Y/n) pleaded. "One more thing..."

"What is it?" Yami muttered.

"I love you."

"I love you too, brat."

Author's Note:

Can you guess which previous Yami one shot this is a continuation of? ;)

I love you guys! Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 341