wouldn't it be nice | leopold vermillion x reader

Author's Note:

"Yeah, yeah, you messin' with a weak ass plot. Bring a bucket and a mop for this weak ass plot. Give me everything you got for this weak ass plot."

Jk it's just a wholesome oneshot I kinda rushed.

Enjoy!

Leopold's Point of View:

She takes my hand, I lead her there. We're off to that special place up on a hill. That special place that only exists when we're together. Her smile is a sight for sore eyes and a pleasant ray of hope. I can hold her in my arms for all eternity if she'd let me. Our conversations will never run dry.

"Leo, can I tell you something?" she timidly asks. "It's kind of important."

I nod, my heart fluttering with glee and anticipation.

"Um...well, is it okay if I- um..." she trails off, but I give her a reassuring smile. "Is it okay if I kiss you?"

Smugly, I lean closer...and closer...until finally-

"Leopold, were you listening?"

I nearly fell out of my seat, but managed to regain my balance. (Y/n) just waits patiently in the seat across from me, probably thinking of ways to kill me.

"Oh! Um- well...no, not a word," I sighed.

She sets her teacup aside and presses her hand to my forehead. I'm shocked, but somehow manage to keep calm for the most part.

"Um, what are you doing?" I gulped.

"Just checking your temperature" she casually explained. "You're acting strange."

"Am I?"

Yes.

"Hm, you don't seem to have a fever so maybe I'm just imagining things," she chuckles.

(Y/n)'s Point of View:

WHY DID I JUST TOUCH HIM SO CASUALLY?! AM I INSANE?!

"Actually, I think I might know why?" he muttered.

Being nosey as always, I decided to pry a reason out of him.

"Tell me, then," I grinned, resting my head on my hands.

His face flushed red in embarrassment as he flailed his arms around in an adorable fashion.

"N-Nevermind, it's really nothing!" he insisted.

"Does it have something to do with that food fight earlier? I said I was sorry."

He shook his head. "No, it's not that."

"Is it a family matter? I won't pry any further if that's the case."

Again, he denied that being the reason.

"Hmmm...then are you hiding something from me? Something about me?" I pouted.

Obviously this was the case, seeing as his eyes widened the moment I guessed. He hesitated before he finally nodded in defeat.

"Then what is it?" I asked, secretly hoping he was finally admitting to eating my leftovers from the other day.

"Well...I don't know, (Y/n)," he sighed. "How should I put this?"

Oh no, he definitely ate my leftovers.

"Don't you think- Well, wouldn't it-" he struggles to find the right words. "W-Wouldn't it be nice if we were s-something more?"

"Something more? Like what?"

"I don't know...Maybe just- just something more than..." he gestures between us, "this?"

I'm still at a loss, so I ask him to expound.

"I mean, just imagine the two of us side by side without a care in the world? There'd be nothing to fear so long as we have each other. Isn't that what people want with someone they love?" he dreams.

My heart felt an indescribable warmth at the thought of his ideal world. A world with me at his side? I wouldn't have it any other way. But does he really love me as I love him? ...As a lover?

"Leo..." I breathed. "Do you really mean that?"

His sparkling eyes say it all. "Of course!"

My expression dims, realizing that I might be misinterpreting his intentions.

"I'd love that, but...There's no way you'd love me in the way I love you," I smiled weakly.

He stops to look at me for a moment before he doubles over in a fit of laughter. At this, I try to recall whether I'd made a joke prior.

"What's so funny?" I frowned, trying to remain serious.

"I practically just confessed my undying love for you but you went ahead and said something like that," he wheezed.

"W-Wait you don't mean as a friend?" I shrieked.

"Nope! I'm saying I like you," he grinned.

"Great! Now I feel stupid!" I facepalmed.

"That's because you are," he shrugged.

"Hey!" I scoffed. "Only I can call myself stupid. It's mean if you-"

As in many other love stories, I'm cut off by his lips reaching my own, pressing softly until they become more familiar. Usually I'd smack the shit out of anyone who interrupts me, but I'll let it slide this time. I love the way I feel at this moment.

Leo and I break for air, only for him to pull me into a warm embrace.

All the while, I think to myself...Wouldn't it be nice to feel this warmth forever?

End.

Author's Note:

thoughts?