lost (continued) | william vangeance x depressed!reader

Author's Note:

I wrote the first part of this oneshot on a night that was hurting me the most. I recall feeling like a failure and a burden to others. My family noticed how I'd constantly be in a daze, feeling lost. I couldn't even get out bed. To this day, I struggle with that, but it's all okay. Like me, this story deserves a happy ending. You found it worthy of that, so I do too.

Enjoy!

If fanfic revolving around depression or suicide is triggering for you, then please, please, please, ignore this oneshot. The last thing I want to do is initiate any harmful thoughts. I love you all. Stay safe.

Previously:

Previously:

I observe the bracelet sitting atop my nightstand. My mind wanders to the girl who wore it. I still can't understand why she gave it to me. She never referred to it as a gift, nor did she explain why she didn't want it anymore. Ever since we were children, she's clung to that bracelet like her life depended on it. What changed?

I want to believe that she's okay...but my conscience tells me otherwise. The way she forced a laugh was off-putting and so unlike her.

As these thoughts are running through my head, I drift off into a light slumber, unaware of the horror that awaits me when I wake.

(Y/n)'s Point of View:

Sometimes I like to think deeper than I should. To be honest, it's dangerous for anyone to overthink. But I can't help it. This risky habit of mine is partially to blame for my hesitation...and pathetic procrastination. The water below me radiates a gorgeous royal blue. I'd hate to stain it. Someone oughta get a picture before I-

Snap out of it!

Oh, right. I'm getting distracted. I'm doing that thing I do with my hands when I'm nervous. I'm breathing that rigid pattern of a person gasping for air. I'm biting my upper lip like it's my last meal. I'm clenching my fists like I'm holding on for dear life. I'm crying like a window on a rainy day. I'm letting my mind wander again...like the coward I am.

Just take a leap of faith, (Y/n).

A leap of faith, (Y/n)? Is that what this is?

Talking to myself is doing no good. At this rate, I'll just be standing here until the sun begins to rise. Time is ticking in slow-motion at this moment, but it's still running out nonetheless. I need to make a decision. It's not a matter of "if" I'll do it. It's only a matter of "when".

I wonder who might miss me.

William's Point of View:

I'm awoken by a nightmare. I guess (Y/n)'s absence really got to my head. I have an urge to check on her, but I wouldn't want to disturb her sleep. Still, that dream shook me to the core. She was dangling from a thread, only moments away from falling into a dark abyss and out of my life. I wanted to save her, but my body couldn't move.

Subconsciously, I get out of bed and put on my mask. Soon, I find myself in the hallway, drifting towards her room. I knock lightly, weary of waking her. When I get no answer, I slowly turn the knob and enter. I expect to see her stunning figure lying there in a peaceful slumber. Instead, her bed is perfectly made. And where is she? Nowhere to be found.

I peer around the room and something catches my eye. It's a crumpled piece of paper on her nightstand. I unravel it and hold it in the moonlight beaming through her curtains.

This is a list of names...but they're crossed out. At the bottom, I find my own name. I flip over the paper, taking notice of a small note. It reads:

If your name is on this list, I've probably said my final goodbye to you. Thank you for all the memories. I'll miss you.

I don't waste a moment trying to decode her intentions. I clutch the paper in my hand and run out of her room. I have no idea where she could be, but I have to find her.

"(Y/n)?! (Y/n)!" I call for her in the garden, but she isn't here. I use my broom to soar above our headquarters. I hate to admit it, but for the first time in a while...I'm scared.

"(Y/n)!" I shout once again. No one answers.

I steer my broom in the direction of the river, knowing she's always taken a liking to it. As I approach the shimmering water, I see a body leaning over the bridge, too close for comfort. I go closer...and I see (Y/n). Why is she-

The (brunette, blonde, etc.) lifts her leg, hoisting herself up. Refusing to sit back and observe, I hurry to reach the bridge. My heart stops for a moment as I see her left leg extend outward, stepping onto absolutely nothing. The rest of her body follows suit...and she falls.

(Y/n)'s Point of View:

My mind blanked out for a moment as I realized I went over the edge. There's no going back. To be honest, I felt the need to cry for help. I'm scared.

"(Y/n)!"

A familiar voice calls out to me. And seconds before my body can hit the water, I come to a steady halt. My eyes, already burning with tears, take some time to adjust. I'm enveloped in a firm and warm embrace. I can't look him in the eyes.

"(Y/n)," he says. "(Y/n), look at me."

I don't.

"(Y/n), we're going home, okay?" he said with a shaky breath.

"Okay," I managed to utter.

With that, he holds me closer and we fly away.

~Time Skip~

William's Point of View:

We enter my room and I remove my mask, hoping she'll remove her metaphorical one. Still, no matter what she says, she can't reverse the fear she struck into me just moments before now. I almost lost her. I almost lost the only woman I could ever love.

I lead her to my bed and sit beside her. I think carefully before I speak.

"(Y/n), I don't know if I can make you see yourself in a different light on my own, but I need you to know how I really feel," I admit. "Like you, I've bottled my emotions up for far too long. On both our parts, I see now that that's a dangerous thing."

She continues to stare down at her lap with a worried expression. "What do you mean?"

I gently hold her chin, wanting to see her (e/c) eyes as I say this. "Honestly, you're my world. The mere thought of you makes me feel safe...and loved. No one else can do that to me, (Y/n). If I had known what you're going through, I would've set everything aside in a heartbeat just to be with you. Desperately, I want to prove how much I love you, but only if you'd let me."

Unexpectedly, she bursts into tears, hugging me tightly. I'm quick to embrace her trembling figure, whispers sweet nothings in her ear.

"I- I've always loved you...b-but I thought- I thought you'd resent me for that," she sobs. "No one's e-ever been so good to me. Y-You're too good for me."

Her words cut deep, but I only hold her closer.

"(Y/n), look at me."

She looked up at me, her vision too blurred to see that, I too, was tearing up.

"We found each other for a reason, okay? I'd be lost without you. Don't suggest otherwise," I smile.

She nods and smiles back. I take this opportunity to dry her tears and my own, as well.

To new beginnings...

Author's Note:

Did you like that ending? <3

Word Count: 1,340