confident | asta x reader

Author's Note:

Of course I haven't forgotten about the star of the show! *nervous chuckling*

Thank you so much for 1k reads! I'm smiling like an idiot right now, I swear.

Enjoy.

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n) = Your Name

(f/c) = Favorite Color

You were napping in your room until you heard more racket than usual going on downstairs. Groaning, you put your fuzzy (f/c) slippers on and drag yourself down the stairs.

Finral immediately takes notice to your presence.

"(Y/n), there you are! I was just introducing everyone to the newbie," he grins.

"Newbie? No one said anything about getting new recruits," you surmised.

"Actually, we discussed it several times..." he trails off, realizing you weren't paying attention.

You approached Asta, inspecting him closely.

"You must be the fresh meat. Nice to meet ya, I'm (Y/n)," you extend your hand out for him to shake.

Instead, he just stared at you with stars in his eyes.

"Hello? Earth to newbie," you wave your hand in front his face.

"H-huh? Oh, sorry! I'm Asta!" he chuckles, shaking your hand.

"So why were you the chosen one, Asta?"

"Uh...I don't know, but can you maybe not squeeze my hand so hard? It hurts!"

"Oops, my bad," you let go of his hand, feeling no guilt, "But if you were chosen by Yami, you must be good at something."

"I have a pretty cool sword, I guess," he trembled under your cold gaze.

"Let's have a look then."

"Um, well, I don't-"

"(Y/n), don't pressure the kid, he just got here," Vanessa slurs, wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"Fine, but tell me, why'd a runt like a you want to become a magic knight?" you continue to interrogate him.

"Easy! I'm going to be the wizard king!" he exclaims, pumping a fist into the air.

A moment of silence quickly followed.

"Woah..." Vanessa murmured.

"You know you don't have any magic power, right?" you droned.

"Yep, but that won't stop me! Just wait and see," he announced.

You start to laugh, practically wheezing.

"I like you, Asta! Welcome to the squad!" you pat his head.

~Time skip brought to you by Sister Lily~

You were vigorously training in your usual spot when Asta decided he'd join you.

"(Y/n)! Hey!" he greets loudly.

"Hey, wanna join me?"

"You bet!"

"Awesome! Get ready, alright?"

The both of raise your grimoires, ready to fight.

"I'm gonna throw some attack spells at you. They'll be difficult to counter, so watch out," you warned.

"Got it," he determinedly readies his sword.

"[magic spell of your choice]!"

Asta swings at the attack but is caught off guard when its path redirects. He realized that it was now coming from behind him. Quickly, he's moves to dodge it, knowing he wouldn't have time to slice through it.

"That was a close one, Asta. You sure you can handle the rest of these?" you commented.

"Bring it on!"

You continue to throw attacks his way. Though he stumbled at first, Asta rapidly began to hit and dodge your attacks.

Not wanting to completely drain your energy, you put your training to a halt.

"I must say, your power is really interesting, Asta. I like it."

"You think so?"

"Yeah!"

Asta flushed at your appraise. Ever since he joined the Black Bulls about a month ago, he'd looked up to you. Sure, you were close in age, but you've always been so mature and mellowed. Before he met you, he didn't think anyone's beauty could surpass that of Sister Lily's. But boy was he wrong. (Sorry Sister Lily, I still love you xD)

"So...(Y/n)," he started, getting your attention, "A month ago, when I told you I was gonna be the Wizard King...did you believe me?"

"I was a bit thrown off guard, of course, but I believed you. I still do," you smiled, "When I first joined the Black Bulls, my only dream was to have enough money to provide for my family. It was simple, but that's what made it so achievable for me. After I met you, I realized that even though I may be a commoner, I can still bring the wildest of dreams into reality. I've become so much more confident because of you. Thanks for that."

With no warning in advance, Asta wrapped his arms around you, hugging you tightly.

"When I finally get my growth spurt and become Wizard King, you're going to marry me, right?" he says, grinning immensely.

"Baby steps, Asta...baby steps," you sigh, pushing him away from you.

"Will you at least be my girlfriend?!"

"Hm...now that I'll think about," you tap your chin, pretending to think.

"Quit teasing me, (Y/n)! Say yes already," he pouts.

"Fine, I guess I'll give you a chance."

"Sweet!"

End.

Author's Note:

Yeahhh, it's really short. Since I'm going back to school soon, updates will probably come a bit slower from now on. However, I still have a lot of ideas for oneshots I wanna write. So I'm NOT just gonna leave this book alone.  ;)

Word Count: 842