flashing lights | yami sukehiro x reader

Author's Note:

What's up, f*ckers?! (Why do you have my phone?!)

Some songs are just 10x better when you slow them down. For example, 'Flashing Lights' by Kanye West seems to have a lot more emotion when it's slowed down. I love it. It's the inspiration for this oneshot.

Enjoy.

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n) = Your Name

(e/c) = Eye Color

[The setting takes place at the Star Festival. You're a mf Black Bull! :D]

"Come on, hurry up, Captain! I wanna see the fireworks!" you whine, tugging on Yami's arm.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. Aren't you a grown-ass adult? Why're ya so damn whiny?" he grumbled, lighting another cigarette.

"We're gonna miss the show! Pick up the pace!" you exclaimed.

Yami just continued to grumble but followed you anyway. Your eyes sparkled with delight. You looked so damn excited. Even he couldn't ruin that. Yami watched your smaller figure skip happily toward the firework show. The sight made him chuckle a bit.

"See any good seats? I don't wanna miss anything!" you say, snapping him out of his trance.

"Nah, looks like they're all taken. Luckily I can see just fine from up here," he teases.

"No fair! I wanna see!"

"Maybe you should try drinking some milk once in a while. You woulda been tall enough to see your precious fireworks," Yami joked.

You crossed your arms, turning your back toward the dark-haired man. You pouted your lips to top it all off. You knew you were being stubborn, but you wanted to see how long you could stay mad at him.

Yami sighs, tapping on your shoulder. You turn your head to the side, giving him a side glance.

"Look, if it's that damn important..." he trailed off, kneeling down, "you can get on my shoulders," he finishes.

You mentally curse him for breaking your angry façade. But you accept his offer, climbing onto his shoulders as he stands up again.

The two of you watch the fireworks in silence, gazing at the flashing lights up in the sky. Suddenly, you lower your face in front of Yami's to get his attention.

"Hm?" his dark eyes meet your (e/c) ones.

"Yami?"

"What is it?"

"Um...thank you," you smile sweetly.

He smiles, looking back up at the fireworks before replying.

"Yeah, whatever."

End.

Author's Note:

Short, I know. I got distracted by The Office. Did you enjoy the song tho?

Um, I'll leave now. Bye.

Word Count: 403