when i was your man | nozel silva x reader

Author's Note:

A Nozel one shot as promised. XD

Enjoy!

"(Y/n), I-"

"(Y/n), I-"

"No! Don't bother," she cried. "This is a mess."

I knew that whenever I screwed up, (Y/n) would be at my side no matter what. That even included the mistakes I made in our relationship. But this time? There's no going back.

"Don't cry," I begged. "You know I never meant for this to happen."

"Then what did you think would happen?! You need to control your temper." She turned away from me, wiping her tears.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n). I'm so sorry," I weakly insisted with the last of my energy. "I've been terrible to you."

I want to do more. I want to tell her she's loved...and safe. She was always so cheerful, no matter what bullshit you threw her way. Her optimism made me a skeptic. I often wondered why a woman like her would choose me above all others. All the while, she should've been wondering the same. Now she's standing in front of me with tears falling to her scarred cheeks, caused by the anger I had no right to unleash unto her. She's my world. What the hell is wrong with me?

My eyes widened as she began tossing her belongings into her bag. She did it as if I could strike at any moment, packing up like her life depended on it. There was fear in her eyes...and it killed me.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked, knowing damn well what she was doing.

She was leaving me...

"I'm moving back to my own quarters," she managed to say.

Before, I was only sweeping up my own conclusions and dumping them into my sea of anxieties. Now, it's finally dawning on me. She said it herself.

"What are you saying?"

She sighed deeply, making her way to the door with the bag of belongings. "We're done, Nozel. We tried...but we're done."

And just like that, she walked away.

She walked away.

She walked away.

Get that through your goddamn head, Nozel.

~Time Skip~

You know there's a reason she and I were such a great pair. She was a ray of sunshine...and I was a looming storm cloud. We're polar opposites, but we made it work for a while. Just looking at this picture of the two of us reminds me of that. Honestly, I'll never understand why she gave me a chance in the first place.

"Brother, there's something you should know." Solid interrupts me from my daydream.

Sighing, I set the picture aside and gesture for him to continue.