Extra: Summer Before Junior Year

"Do it again, Katherine." Argent instructs a terribly sweaty Katherine. She's doubled over with her hands on her knees as she sucks in a big breath. Argent rolls his eyes at the girl who finally comes to her senses, doing her best to stand as straight as she can without tipping over. Argent has been working her to the bone, barely giving her any breaks. This was what she asked for. He's just doing what he was asked to do.

"Can I...get a break?" Katherine asks, out of breath. Argent's brows shoot up.

"You're not taking this seriously." He tells her and this time Katherine's brows shoot up.

"You're kidding, right? I have been working with you every day this summer. I am doing the best I can!" She states.

"Your best isn't good enough."

Katherine scoffs.

"You want to do this? Whatever comes at us next won't give you a break, McCall. It will kick you when you're down, it won't let you get back up, and it sure as hell won't wait for you to readjust yourself," Argent starts while grabbing onto his baton. Katherine eyes it suspiciously. "You have got to learn to fight for yourself." He tells her before smacking her side with the baton. Katherine yelps out in pain as she clutches her side, staggering back a few steps. Argent doesn't wait for her to readjust herself as he quickly smacks the black police baton against her legs. Katherine falls back onto the grassy ground, in the unpopulated area, as the pain shoots up her leg and pulses against her side. She catches onto Argent's next move and is prepared for when he goes to hit her as she's down. Katherine rolls quickly to her left, hearing the baton's thump as it comes into contact with the Earth.

Katherine jumps to her feet, ignoring the pain her body is desperately telling her to relieve. Argent is quick, the baton is racing towards her once again and she dodges it with a gasp by jumping back; keeping her eyes on the weapon. Argent seems to slow down a bit and Katherine makes a risky move. She reaches forward, spinning the baton right out of his hand. She hears Argent grunt as his hand moves at an odd angle as she pulls it away from him. This time Katherine doesn't wait for him. She holds onto the baton tightly before going to hit Argent against the side of his face. She stops herself though, not actually going to hit him. He doesn't flinch as the weapon hovers beside his face, he just looks her right in the eyes, waiting for her to actually do it. She doesn't.

It feels like minutes of utter silence as the two wait for the other to make a move, yet they stay unmoving. That is until Katherine throws aside the weapon, letting it thump against the dirt. She then grips her side once again, pain overtaking her facial features knowing that she'll have more bruises to count when she gets home. She doesn't like to admit it, but she still feels like a child wanting to show her brother the "battle scars" she has recieved from her hard work and dedication. Scott always tells her how proud he is.

"There," Katherine says breathlessly. "Are you happy now?" She asks while throwing her free arm out in exasperation. Argent grins.