10

Chapter 10 - "Night School"

✧"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head."

"Lock it! Lock it!" Scott whisper yells at us. I look over at him from my sitting position beside him with a raised brow.

"Do I look like I have a key!?" Stiles yells back quietly.

"Grab something!" Scott says with wide eyes while looking between the two of us. I haven't been able to slow down my heart. It keeps racing in my chest as if I just ran a marathon. The image of Derek hasn't left my head and I have a feeling it won't.

"Like what?" I ask; frustrated.

"Anything!" Scott answers and Stiles' face falls as if he remembered something. He slowly turns towards the door, becoming face to face with it, before cautiously peering through the window. Scott and I do the same; careful with our movements because we know we're being watched. I sweep the area with my eyes before picking out the pliers that lie feet away on the steps towards this entrance.

"No." Scott says; already knowing the plan that Stiles had brewing in his head.

"Yes." Stiles corrects while handing me the flashlight he had. The three of us stand up tall but stick close to the double doors. I grasp tightly onto the flashlight while looking at Stiles in a panic.

"Stiles, don't." I plead. He turns his head towards me and his eyes soften. I can't let him go out there with that thing. I can't lose him. I grab a fistful of his sweater; trying to keep him in place.

"Please." I whisper while looking between his glossy eyes. The three of us are visibly terrified and we all know what we need to do. Standing here being all worried isn't doing anything but wasting our time, I understand that. If any of us three are going out there to get the pliers...it will be me. I'm faster than Stiles and before Scott became a wolf I was faster than him too. The plan is self-explanatory...I'll be quick.

I slightly turn to hand Scott the flashlight who takes it willingly before focusing back on Stiles. I have to be quick with this too. Stiles and Scott are already occupied with my stalling, but I know as soon as I move they'll be quick with the realization. I tug on Stiles' sweater; pulling him forward, before pressing against the door; pushing Stiles towards Scott. Stiles falls against Scott who stumbles back into the wall behind him. I crack open the door before rushing out of the building; closing it quickly behind me while taking a step forward so the boys aren't able to pull me back in.