47

Chapter 47 - "Echo House"

✧"I don't want to lose control"✧

"I don't want to lose control"

Scott pulls up in front of Mr. Stilinski and Stiles who are watching us approach them in front of the gate that leads to Eichen House. I scramble to get the helmet off and when I do I practically throw it at Scott without thinking before hurrying over to Stiles. When I get close to him he takes a few steps back, using his dad as a wall between the two of us. My heart drops. Scott walks up beside me.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Scott asks. We both look between the sheriff and Stiles. I focus more on Stiles. He's been fine since Deaton injected him, he's been himself, and I haven't been able to enjoy it. He never goes anywhere, he locks himself in his room. I feel like I haven't seen him in ages. And now that I do see him, he doesn't want to be around me.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this." Mr. Stilinski answers while looking between me and Scott.

"It's only seventy-two hours." Stiles tells us, his voice is low.

"This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies. You don't know everything yet." Scott tells Mr. Stilinski.

"I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called." The sheriff states.

"Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct." Stiles tells his dad.

"I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me." Mr. Stilinski says.

"Yeah, I know, but this isn't gonna help him. This place will make him go crazy in seconds." I tell him. Mr. Stilinski sighs at my statement.

"I'm headed down to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist." The sheriff says.

"Then why are you putting him in here?" Scott asks, confused. We both are.

"He's not," Stiles interjects. "It was my decision." He finishes. My face falls. Of course he would do this to himself.

"We can't help you if you're in there." I tell him.

"And I can't hurt you." Stiles answers while looking at me, finally meeting my eyes. He looks at Scott after a few long seconds.