33

Chapter 33 - "Motel California"

!TW: MENTION/DESCRIPTION OF SELF HARM!

(Do not feel obligated to read this chapter if you feel you won't be comfortable)

"A lot can happen in one night."

Scott, Lydia, Allison, Stiles, and I step off the bus and end up standing a few feet away from a motel.

"I've seen worse." Scott says.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles asks before Coach blows his whistle.

"Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up, some will be groups of three, choose wisely." Coach says before holding out room keys. Everyone takes a key and heads to their rooms.

"And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!" Coach yells while everyone heads to their rooms. The bus then drives away for a parking spot. I get to share a room with Allison and Lydia. Allison and I start to walk to our room when we notice that Lydia isn't following, we turn around to see Lydia staring at the motel with a hint of fear in her eyes.

"Lydia?" Allison asks.

"I don't like this place." She answers.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place." Allison says before chuckling.

"It's one night." I tell her.

"A lot can happen in one night." She answers.

"What's that? That number?" Lydia asks the older desk clerk.

"It's a kind of inside thing for the motel. My husband insists on keeping it up." The lady answers.

"What do you mean?" Lydia asks, curious.

"It's a little morbid, to be honest. You sure you want to know?" The desk clerk asks.