46

Chapter 46 - "Letharia Vulpina"

✧"I'm only using what the Gods gave me

"I'm only using what the Gods gave me."

A force pushes me down and I fall to the pavement with a grunt. I force open my eyes to see Kira on top of me with a frantic expression.

"Go back inside!" She yells at me.

"Wha-what about you!?" I ask while crawling out of her embrace.

"I'll be fine just go!" She tells me while pulling me off the pavement before I could even realize she was doing so. Kira runs back out into the parking lot with the electric wire following dangerously close behind. I stumble back a few steps, my back hitting the front of the building. The wire looks like it's trying to wrap itself around her neck. Kira throws her arms up to cover her face as she ducks past it; the wire following her anyway. It snaps to the side in a blink of an eye, hitting the side of an ambulance violently. The vehicle swerves around the parking lot before coming to a sudden stop. Water begins to form around the vehicle for it had hit a pipe during its swerve. It doesn't take me long to realize what will happen.

"Oh my God." I voice my thoughts before running towards the ambulance with no second thoughts, dodging water puddles. I reach the ambulance with only a few minutes to spare. The paramedic swings open the door and slowly starts to get out. My patience runs very thin and I yank on his arm; pulling him out right when the puddle of electricity hits the vehicle, making it shudder.

"Get back! Everyone get back!" Kira yells. The guy stumbles towards me while the puddle forms towards us. I push the guy towards the dry spots right when the puddle separates us. He's safe. I'm not.

"Allison!" I hear Isaac yell. My head snap towards the noise with frantic eyes. Where's Allison!? I watch as he pushes her out of the way of the puddle, taking her place. Allison falls onto a patch of grass away from the puddle but quickly turns to face Isaac.

"Isaac!" Allison yells fearfully as the puddle comes in contact with his shoe, shocking him dangerously. He collapses onto the water covered ground. Hurt and possibly dead. My heart races. A car swerves towards Kira which she dodges by flipping over it expertly and landing delicately onto a puddle. At first I think she's hurt, but she proves me wrong by standing tall; unharmed. I look down to see how close the puddle is to touching my converse. I clench my jaw. Maybe it won't hurt that bad. Not as bad as how I feel about Stiles.