8

Chapter 8 - "The Tell"

✧"And when the seasons change will you stand by me?"✧

"And when the seasons change will you stand by me?"

A couple of days ago Lydia told me when Allison's birthday was being she was planning this thing. She told me it would be something small so I just made her a card. Today's her birthday and she's seventeen. She's supposed to be a junior, I don't know what happened because neither Lydia nor Allison told me and I don't want to bug either one about it. I find her by her locker with Scott. They're talking and laughing and I don't feel like interrupting them but I don't know if I'll see Allison for the rest of the day. My Converse squeak against the floor while I walk over to the two with a card in my hand. They both turn their heads towards me when I stop in front of them. Allison smiles at me and I return the gesture before handing her the card that's covered with a blue envelope and has her name written in sparkling pink pen.

"Happy birthday." I say quietly while she takes the card.

"How did you know?" She asks happily while looking over the card.

"Lydia." I answer.

"Oh. I should've known." She says before chuckling.

"I was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out later today but, Scott might already have something planned for you." I say while looking between the two. Allison nods and I just smile while Scott grins.

"I'm sorry." She apologizes and I shake my head.

"No, it's okay. I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and I hope you have a great day." I tell her and she smiles before pulling me in for a hug.

"Thank you, Kat." She says and my smile widens. The only people who call me Kat are the people who are closest to me. Friends and family. I only let friends and family call me Kat, everyone else has to call me Katherine. But when we were younger Stiles called me Kit-Kat and he'll still occasionally call me that. I've never been a huge fan of nicknames, but those are the only exceptions.

I pull away from Allison and smile at her before turning around to head to my locker.

When I get to the door I take out my library card and slide it through the slot. The light turns green on the slot and I push open the now unlocked doors before walking in. I'm greeted with the warm air and the smell of books. I put my card in my pocket while the doors close behind me. I walk towards the mythological aisle before skimming through the titles of the books. I drag my finger along the shelves and notice how every single spine has a different texture. I stop at a shelf of books and start to look through each of them.