74

Chapter 74,"The Last Chimera"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Screams of frustration come from Scott's bathroom, causing my heart to jump. Racing up the stairs I run into his room and throw open the door. He looks up at me with a pained expression from his standing position in front of the bathroom mirror. With his shirt off, the last wound he has is more visible. And more painful to look at. I walk up beside him and put my hand on his bare shoulder.

"Scott, I can heal that for you." I tell him and he hangs his head low while shaking it, both his hands gripping tight to the blood stained white sink.

"No, no," He says. "I need to do it myself." I nod, knowing he can't see me, but there isn't anything to say. He's being too hard on himself already and he just came back from the dead.

Mom called us and broke the news about Mr. Stilinski. He's undergoing surgery right now. So, she wants us to meet her at the Hospital for Stiles. Scott wants to do better by him, but we both know that showing up is something he would have done anyway. And Stiles possibly still hates both of us.

I remove my hand from his shoulder to cup the top of his head as I open the mirror door, protecting his head from getting hit, before pulling out a gauze pad. Scott straightens himself up and I place the material over his wound, trying my best to not cause him terrible pain as I make sure it's secure. Afterwards Scott just stands there, staring at the floor.

I gently wrap my arms around him and pull him into me, lightly tightening my hold on him. Scott's face digs into my neck and his arms squeeze around me so tightly that my breath hitches in my throat, but I don't move. I keep holding him, knowing that he needs this more than anything right now.

My poor brother.

How did we get here in life?

Eventually he pulls away, I didn't want to be the first one to break the hug. I leave his room to give him the privacy he needs to change while grabbing one of the motorcycle helmets.

I head downstairs, waiting for him by the door for what feels like hours.

Suddenly I hear his helmet drop and then a heavy thud followed close after. My helmet slips from my hands and clatters to the floor before I sprint up the staircase once again, finding Scott splayed across the hall floor. I feel my heart skip a beat as I hurry over to him and fall onto my knees.