25

Chapter 25 - "Fury"

✧"It's unfortunate, really

"It's unfortunate, really."

Scott, Stiles, Mr. Stilinski, and I are hovering over Stiles' desk. There's a recent yearbook that lies open in front of us that has a picture of Matt and of course the rest of the class. Red sharpie is circled two times around Matt's picture.

"So this kids the real killer?" Mr. Stilinski asks.

"Yeah." Stiles answers before looking between me and Scott, then to his dad.

"No." Mr. Stilinski says.

"Yes!" Stiles says back.

"No." He repeats and this time he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Dad, come on," Stiles says as he stands up from his desk chair.

"Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect the victims in a murder, okay? So all you have to do is, like, look through the transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common." Stiles finishes before taking a quick look at me and Scott for approval.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris's class." Mr. Stilinski states. Scott and I look between the father and son.

"All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles asks.

"No, you know what? They're not dropping charges. But that doesn't prove anything." Mr. Stilinski answers, this time looking at all three of us.

"H--" Stiles starts but Mr. Stilinski cuts him off by putting his pointer finger up.

"Scott, Katherine. Do you believe this?" Mr. Stilinski asks us and Stiles throws his hands up, exasperated.

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us." Scott starts.

"We know it's Matt." I finish for him.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles explains to his dad and I nod my head in agreement.