32

Chapter 32 - "Frayed"

"No place to die."

We're on a bus for a trip with Coach. I look forward to these because I never have anything better to do. I'm sitting in the back of the bus, Scott and Stiles are sitting together and I ended up sitting next to a nice blonde girl. She's sitting by the window and so is Scott, Stiles and I sit by the aisle.

"Hey, Scotty." Stiles says while snapping his fingers.

"Still with me?" Stiles asks a sleepy Scott.

"Yeah, sorry." He answers.

"Uh, what's the word?" Scott asks Stiles who is on his tablet.

"'Anachronism.'" I answer. Scott wanted to go over words for his test. Stiles and I are helping him.

"Something that exists out of it's normal time." Scott answers.

"Yep." I say without looking at the definition.

"Okay, next word--'incongruous,'" Stiles says.

"Um, can you use it in a sentence?" Scott asks. I'm about to give him a sentence, but Stiles beats me to it.

"Yes, yes I can. It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened--incongruous." Stiles complains.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Scott answers.

"Perfect." Stiles says while giving Scott a thumbs-up.

"Okay, next word." Stiles starts. The girl next to me taps my shoulder and I turn my head towards her.

"Hi, Katherine, sorry. But um, do you know when our next stop is?" She asks. I didn't even know she knew my name. I don't know her name.

"Um...I don't think Coach is going to let the bus driver stop anytime soon." I answer.

"Ugh. I'm on my period, I can't sit in place for too long, I'm hungry, and it smells." She says and I laugh.