13

Chapter 13 - "Co-Captain"

I sit against the wall of the vacant hospital with Christine's head on my lap, Stiles watches me caress her face

I sit against the wall of the vacant hospital with Christine's head on my lap, Stiles watches me caress her face. Once Peter took off, we came out of hiding. Now we're waiting for the police to show up. I silently cry while looking down at her lifeless form and watching my tears fall onto her smooth skin.

"Wake up." I whisper to her as if any minute her eyes will flash open and I'll drown in her warmth. She seems to be loosing color and my heart beat quickens while I start to lose hope.

"Katherine..." Stiles trails off.

"No, she's gonna be okay," I tell him sternly before wiping away my tears with my long sleeved shirt.

"You're gonna be okay." I say through a sob that gets caught in my throat. I think back to the conversation the two of us had about my future baby. How she said she'll be the one to deliver it.

"How are you supposed to deliver my baby when you're dead?" I ask her and I can sense Stiles' confusion but I brush it off. I then start to get angry at her, as if being dead is her fault. A frustrated cry ripples from my throat and it makes Stiles slightly jump.

"Wake up, Christine!" I yell at her and my arms shake from my cries. "Get up!" I scream. Stiles carefully takes her from my arms and I look at him angrily.

"What are you doing!?" I ask him but he ignores me and gently sets her down on the cold linoleum floor. I go to crawl over to her but Stiles grabs me and pulls me to his chest. A part of me wants to push him away but another part is done fighting. I relax in his embrace and cry into his chest while he rubs my back.

"She's gone." I cry and Stiles pulls me closer to him. His warmth calms me down but I continue to cry at the thought of loosing someone who's more then just a family friend. Christine has been with me since birth. She was like a sister to me and was always there when I called her. Now if I called her...she won't pick up. She never will again. The hope that I had dies and the feeling almost hurts more. The sirens in the distance become clearer and clearer which alerts us. 

"We have to go." Derek says from off to the side. I look up at him through tears before standing up out of Stiles' warm grasp.

"We could've saved her. I could've saved her!" I cry angrily.

"What would you have done? Huh?" He asks while raising his brows.