15

Chapter 15 - "Code Breaker"

✧"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies."

Peter towers over the three of us, wiping away the blood on his hands and around his mouth, while I cradle Lydia with Stiles sitting beside me. I quietly let out shaky breaths while the chill air starts getting to me. I didn't have time to realize how cold it is outside, that wasn't important to me. I rock back and forth to try and calm myself down but nothing seems to be working.

"No, I'm--I'm not just letting you leave her here." Stiles says and I nod my head in agreement.

"You don't have a choice. You both are coming with me." Peter says while fixing his outfit.

"I'll stay! I'll stay with her." I tell him before looking up at Peter pleadingly. I hold on tightely to Lydia's barely breathing body. I won't just let her lie her all alone when she's so vulnerable. Peter reaches down and grabs my arm tightely, I wince at the contact but make no movement. That is until Peter lifts me up, letting Lydia fall out of my grasp. I yelp in fear and hold back a breath while his hand tightens around my bicep.

"If I left you here, who knows what you would do. If you did something that I wouldn't like...I would just have to kill you." Peter says while bringing my arm up to his mouth, his fangs replacing his normal teeth. I cry escapes my mouth while my heart pounds against my rib cage. I feel his fangs graze my skin which sends goosebumps down my arms and legs. I squeeze my eyes closed; waiting for him to bite down on the thin layer of my skin.

"Kill me!" Stiles yells and I suck in my breath. Peter stops abruptly before slowly lowering my arm. He clutches my arm carelessly before throwing me off to the side as if I'm a rag doll. A breath hitches in my throat as I land on the ground beside him with a thud. Peter steps towards me as I turn to lie on my back to face him. Strands of my hair stick to my face due to the tear stains on my cheeks. I watch him in fear as he takes another step towards me. He looks to be analyzing me; trying to figure out why Stiles is willing to die for me. I then squeeze my eyes shut, waiting for Peter to kill me, but open them after I feel a body plop down in front of me. I flash open my eyes to make out Stiles' figure sitting in between me and Peter. Peter stop in his tracks before cocking his head to the side; amused by the scene we're playing out in front of him.

"Look, I don't care anymore." Stiles tells Peter. Peter puts his fingers underneath Stiles' chin and lifts him up to a standing position. My brain tells me to stay quiet, but every nerve in my body is yearning for Stiles to be beside me again.

"No! Don't, please!" I cry. Peter gives me a warning glare while letting go of Stiles. I watch Peter intently, trying desperately to figure out what he's doing. He does one thing but then seems to change his mind. He truly is trying to prove his dominance towards us, but for what? What is his plan?