53

Chapter 53 - "117"

✧"I wanna be yours"✧

I wait inside of the Clinic with Deaton while Scott, Stiles, and Lydia get Derek from the back of the Jeep. The rain patters lightly against the roof of the building, drowning out the low hum of the machines. My side is pressed up against the wall and I tap my finger against my bicep while watching the back double doors intently, waiting for the three to come bursting in at any moment. I feel Deaton's eyes on me and shift in my position before looking over at him. He looks more interested than anything. It confuses me.

He must notice my expression because he shakes his head lightly. "I'm sorry, it's just...you're a Witch. I haven't met one in forever." He explains.

"My mom, right?" I question quietly. My mom was the last one that I know of and from what people tell me, she was the only one.

He nods his head lightly. "She was everywhere but nowhere at the same time," He says. "I hope one day you find her." He tells me. I look back over at the double doors.

"I don't." I say quietly. The two doors then fly open and Lydia comes rushing in with Scott and Stiles behind her. Derek is flung over Scott's left shoulder. I stand up straight gazing past Stiles who tries to keep hold of my line of sight. Deaton swipes off the items that were on the metal table with his arm before Scott lies Derek on the table's surface, Lydia and Deaton helping. I take a few steps closer towards the choas and Stiles steps up beside me, so close beside me.

"Wow." Deaton says once taking in Derek's physical state.

"Wow? Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do,' kind of wow? 'Cause that's kind of the wow we were hoping for." Stiles explains. Deaton looks over at him with a look of disbelief.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Deaton tells him. I look over at Lydia who carefully takes Derek's hand in hers. I watch her intently.

"He's cold. Really cold." She notes aloud. Stiles' hand lightly grazes mine and I can tell by the way his pinky finger trys to entertwine with mine that he wants me to feel better. He knows I'm upset, it's obvious.