55

Chapter 55 - "The Benefactor"

✧"I'm in the shadow the shadow of the sun"✧

Previously on Captive....

Garrett flings the ball forward with his lacrosse stick, it cuts through the air before being caught immediately, by the new kid, with ease. Katherine's eyes slightly widen in surprise, but they continue to widen as Garrett and another player throw balls towards the kid without stopping. The goalie moves swiftly, catching every single ball with no problem.

"You want to explain what that was out there?" Stiles asks later to the new kid, Liam, in the locker room after practice.

"What?" Liam asks, genuinely confused.

"You caught every shot." Stiles says.

"Yeah, I was goalie." Liam says, still confused.

"You're a freshman, right?" Scott questions.

"Yeah." Liam answers.

"But you weren't here last semester." Stiles points out.

"I transferred from Devenford Prep." Liam says but Katherine and Scott catch on to something different.

"You got kicked out, didn't you?" Katherine questions. Liam's facial expresion gives away that that's exactly what happened. But he doesn't admit it.

"An axe murderer?" Kira asks while her, Katherine, Scott and Stiles walk through the halls together. Stiles had received a message only moments ago informing him about an axe murderer that had killed a family the night before.

"A family-murdering axe murderer." Stiles corrects her.

Stiles lifts Katherine up from his bed, guiding her all the way outside to his Jeep where the two take a very quiet drive to the cemetery where only a few of their loved ones have been buried.