4

Chapter 4 - "Second Chance At First Line (Pt. 1)

✧"What if you need me? Won't you hold me

"What if you need me? Won't you hold me."

As I was walking through the halls I see Stiles guiding Scott into the locker room. Scott looked hurt so I decided to follow them to see if I could help. The door is wide open and I can hear their conversation. I hide behind the open door so when they walk out they won't see me. They seem to be deep in conversation from what I'm hearing.

"Well it's gonna be a lot more violent if you end up killing someone on the field," Stiles says. What are they talking about?

"You can't play Saturday." He finishes.

"But I'm first line." Scott retorts.

"Not anymore." Stiles answers. Scott sighs before he starts making his way out of the room with Stiles following. They walk past the door and for a second I think Stiles is going to close it and I hold my breath until I know they're gone. I slightly push the door forward so I can step out of hiding. I look forward at the void. They're hiding something from me and I will find out what it is. 

Scott falls onto his bed after throwing his backpack to the side of his room. I stand in the middle of the door frame, debating whether I should ask him about the secret or not. Maybe he'll tell me if I keep bothering him about it. I feel a hand fall onto my shoulder and I look over to see my mom standing there with a smile on her face. I move out of the doorway before hugging her. After we part away she walks into Scott's room. I stay out and just watch.

"Hey," She says to him. "Late shift again for me." She finishes, but Scott doesn't respond.

"I'm taking Saturday off to see your first game." She adds before smiling. Scott immediately looks up at her and he doesn't seem happy.

"Mom, you can't." Scott tells her.

"I can and I will," She answers matter of factly.

"One shift isn't gonna break us." Mom adds before looking around the room. "Completely." She looks back down at Scott and her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What's wrong with your eyes?" She asks. I become alert and so does Scott. I wonder why he seems on edge?

"You haven't slept in days, have you?" She asks and Scott looks relieved.