68

Chapter 68,"A Novel Approach"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

I let myself into the Stilinski's home before bounding up the steps to Stiles' room. He's just hanging up from a call when he throws his phone onto his bed, turning towards his clear marker board that's in front of his door. My sudden appearance makes him flinch and that's when I take in his appearance. He looks shaken up and scared. His emotions say the same thing. I immediately become concerned.

I take a few steps into his room, rounding the board to get closer to him. He takes a subtle step back which makes me stop.

"Stiles..." I trail off. His eyes are glistening as if he's going to cry. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing, I'm just...I'm just tired and--and frustrated." He stumbles on his words, putting his head in his hands as he takes a seat on his bed. I take note of the different clothes he's changed into. I sit down beside him, our thighs touching. I place my hand on his lower back and he tenses which makes me pull away.

"What's going on?" I ask. He removes his hands, sniffing to keep away the tears. He looks over at me.

"It's a lot." He warns.

"Tell me." I urge. So he does. He tells me about how someone is creating Supernatural beings such as Tracy being, what they think, is a Chimera. He tells me about a guy named Lucas and what he did to another guy named Corey. And he even tells me that someone is collecting the bodies. Tracy is no longer in the Clinic and Lucas isn't in the morgue.

But even as Stiles tells me all of this, I sense no relief from him. He's not telling me something and I know that it's bothering him the most. He was completely fine when he visited me in the hospital earlier...so what happened between then and now?

Theo's words replay in my head and I try to push it aside. Stiles is far from what I am, but self defense is a thing. But, would Donovan really risk facing Stiles? Would he really be that stupid?

Stiles is hiding something from me.

"Is that all?" I ask, hoping that he'll finally come clean with what he isn't telling me. Unfortunately he just brushes it off, nodding at my question while he looks away.

"Yeah, yeah that's all." He answers quietly.

I sigh. "Well, I guess we're going to have to find out who's taking the bodies." I state and he nods.