2

Chapter 2 - "Wolf Moon" (Pt. 2)

 2)

"Are you with me? Are you drifting through the crowd?" 

Scott and I pick up our bikes from off of the grass before we drag them towards the road. Once we make it to the sidewalk, Scott swings his leg over to sit on his bike. I finish eating my toast before wiping my hands on my jeans. I then swing my leg over the bike before sitting on the oddly shaped seat. I peer over my shoulder to look at Scott who has been silent all morning. Last night, he told me that after Stiles and I left, he was bitten by a dog. I don't see the big deal because he seems fine.

"You okay?" I ask. He looks up at me, his expression changing.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He answers and I nod. For a second I think about just letting the conversation go but he's my brother and I know him better than anyone.

"You know, Scott, you can tell me anything. I know we fight a lot and sometimes you hate me, but I'm your sister and I'll always be here for you." I tell him.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks, Kat." He quickly responds. I get the hint and let the conversation go. I face forward and start pedaling.

When we get to the high school, everyone's already making their way into the building. There are a handful of kids standing around talking with each other. Just as Scott and I get to the bike rack, the first bell rings. We both hop off our bikes before setting them between the racks, putting them in a position where they won't fall over. A loud engine dying down catches my attention and I look up past Scott's shoulder to see Jackson's silver Porsche pulled up in the spot next to the bike rack. I rest my hands on the rack while watching Jackson open his car door. It hits Scott. I instantly get defensive knowing that Jackson did that on purpose.

"Hey, dude...watch the paint job." Jackson says after closing the car door. He gives Scott an evil look. I walk over to stand next to Scott, my hands clenched in fists.

"Hey, Jackson, watch your mouth," I say while raising up my fist. Scott stops me by putting his hand over my fist and pushing it away. Jackson chuckles before one of his friends calls him over. He looks at me, smiles then walks away. I'm about to go follow him when Scott grabs my arm to stop me.

"Come on Kat, he's not worth it, let's go find Stiles.Scott says after letting go of my arm. I can already see Stiles waiting for us a couple of feet from the entrance of the school.