22

Chapter 22 - "Restraint"

✧"I live in a hologram with you

"I live in a hologram with you."

Stiles, Scott, and I have been in the police department for hours. I'm sitting on the desk chair, Stiles has his hands on the desk, and Scott is pacing back and fourth in Mr. Stilinski's office. We're on the phone with Allison.

"If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know that someone's controlling him." Allison says.

"Or he doesn't remember." Scott suggests. I swivel the chair back and fourth.

"What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?" Stiles asks.

"A fugue state." Allison responds.

"He'd have to forget everything--the murder." Scott starts.

"Getting rid of the blood." I add.

"But he had help with one thing--the video." Stiles says.

"And someone else helped him forget that. Whoever's controlling him." Scott responds.

"Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?" Allison asks and I stop moving the chair, I place my elbows on the desk and I rest my head on my hands.

"He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing." Stiles answers.

"So are we going to convince him that he's not? Or at least try?" I ask.

"If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then yeah." Scott answers.

"Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?" Allison asks.

"Yeah, it's us. He'll talk to us." Stiles starts. Scott and I look to Stiles with raised brows.

"Right?" Stiles asks while he looks between me and Scott.

After we finish talking with Allison, Scott hangs up and puts the phone in his pocket. Mr. Stilinski walks into the room, followed by mom and Mr. Whittemore. I sigh while standing up.

"You three follow me." Mr. Stilinski orders. The three of us walk out of the room, Stiles in front and Scott and I walk on either side of our mom who is pinching are arms. When we get to the interrogation room our mom lets us go. I gently rub my arm while I take my seat in between Scott and Stiles. Mom stands by the door, Mr. Whittemore stands on the other side of the table, and Mr. Stilinski stands at the head of the table. He looks at something on a clipboard and starts to read it aloud.