Extras: Valentines Day In First Grade

Six year old's Scott, Katherine, and Stiles sit in their assigned seats in the warm and comforting classroom in Beacon Hill's elementary school. Each child has a decorated box sitting at the front of their desk which will soon be filled up with candy the children's parents were nice enough to purchase for the class. Katherine smiles brightly at the bag of airheads her mother put in her school bag. Melissa gave Scott a bag of fruit roll ups. Katherine toys with her candy bag; pinching the sides as she stares at the big red balloon with her bright, innocent eyes. The teacher makes her rounds around the classroom; eyeing the candies that the students will be handing out shortly. Katherine looks over at her best friend, Stiles; catching him in the act of popping a Reeses peanut butter cup in his mouth. Drool rolls down his chin as he tries to shove the candy in his small mouth. Luckily none of the students have a peanut allergy as the parents were made to fill out a paper for their child.

"Stiles!" Katherine's small voice whisper yells. Stiles' head snaps towards her; stopping mid bite. The wrapper indented cup sticks out of his mouth ever so slightly.

"What?" He asks with his muffled voice.

Katherine giggles. "You're not supposed to eat the candy yet, Silly." Stiles gives her a dopey smile in response before finishing up the piece of candy. The teacher clasps her hands lightly once standing at the head of the class; catching the children's attention.

"Alright, everyone. You can all stand up from your seats and go ahead and put candy in your classmates boxes." She says with a smile. The small children begin to walk around the classroom, dropping pieces of candy in each other's boxes. Katherine turns towards her brother who is about to make his way around the room.

"Scotty, can you open my candy bag please?" She asks sweetly while holding out the airhead bag towards her brother. Scott sighs lightly before setting his candy down to take his sisters. He grips the bag tightly on both sides before pulling as hard as his little arms will allow. After a while the bag finally pops open making Katherine flinch in her spot. She quickly covers her scare with a big smile while taking the bag back.

"Thank you!" She says happily before starting to make her way around the many desks in the small classcroom. Katherine skips around the room dropping an airhead in each box with a big smile on her face. She knew her fellow classmates had a slight obsession with the candy so she begged her mom to buy a bag which Melissa obliged to happily.

Katherine was so excited to pass out the candy; only looking forward to the smiles that it would bring to her class. The six year olds ponytail swings back and forth behind her as she makes her way to the other side of the room, passing the giggling and smiling kids who do the same. The bag slowly yet surely begins to empty as Katherine is quick with her rounds. She digs into the plastic sack, grabbing the last four airheads. She drops two in Stiles' box through the slit on the lid before doing the same with Scott's box. Katherine crumples up the bag with a satisfied smile before throwing it in the bin beside the rooms door.

As Katherine makes her way back to her seat she notices all the other students doing the same. Even though she's excited for her classmates to see their candy, she's secretly excited to get to her candy as well. She sits down at her desk, which is placed between Scott and Stiles, and lets her small feet dangle as she is not yet able to touch the ground from her seat. The six year old stares at her decorated box with wide and bright eyes. A few days ago she had asked the boys to help her decorate her candy box because she wasn't quite sure what she wanted it to look like. Plus, she knew the boys wanted to help her even if they didn't tell her. Stiles colored the box white, blue, and orange for the Mets, which is his favorite baseball team, and Scott added a bunch of star and flower stickers.

"Alright, Class. You guys can now enjoy your candy." The teacher says with a big smile. Katherine wastes no time grabbing the box with her small hands. She drags it towards her before pulling open the lid. Her big and bright smile slowly fades as she takes in the emptiness of the colored box. She looks around the classroom to see everyone eating their candy with big smiles and her eyes begin to water. She places the lid back on her box before pushing it away. Katherine looks down at her lap; fidgeting with her fingers as a source to keep herself from crying. She doesn't want to be seen as selfish for crying about not getting any candy, she's happy that her classmates are enjoying the sweets they recieved. She just wishes to have been included.

It doesn't take the boys long to notice Katherine's change in mood. Scott nudges his sisters arm with the end of a sucker. She turns her head slightly towards him to notice him handing her the candy. She accepts it with a small smile before looking back down at her lap; fidgeting with the wrapping on the sucker. A tear brims her eye and she quickly blinks it away

"Kit-Kat?" Stiles says quietly from beside her; standing in the gap between their two desks. The girl looks over at her best friend with red, watery eyes. Stiles frowns at her unhappiness after how bubbly she's been all day. She forces a smile as to not worry the boy but he already knows. Katherine notices his hands behind his back and her eyebrows pinch together in confusion as well as curiosity. She looks back up at his hazel eyes in wonder.

"I got something for you." He says while his face starts to turn red. Katherine watches him with soft eyes as he uncovers a bag of Reeses peanut butter cups from behind his back. The small ones that are all individually wrapped in the decorated foil. Katherine's eyes widen and a smile takes up her face as she takes the orange bag gently from his small hand. She looks back up at him; the brightness returning to her eyes. She sets the bag aside and stands up to give Stiles a big hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." She says quietly. Stiles smiles with his eyes closed, happy to be the reason her mood was lifted. When they part, Katherine takes notice of her burning up face and the butterflies in her stomach. At first she isn't quite sure why she has suddenly gotten these feelings, but her first thought is that she may be sick. The girl smiles at Stiles, her mood changing; her now wanting to impress him as all crushes usually begin with.

Little Katherine sits at her desk eating the peanut butter cups Stiles has given her; oblivious to the crush she had just then developed for her best friend. Who would have known that her crush on him would just become more and more intense and that her stubborn ass would disagree with herself every time she would want to tell him her feelings? Not us, right?

This day will be one that Katherine can recall every time she sees Stiles. Always wanting to tell him her feelings but always believing that the time isn't right. But will it ever be? So, the only thing Katherine can do is hold on to the memories.

__________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed the first Extra!! This one made me a little sad, haha. Poor baby Kat :(  At least Stiles, and of course Scott and his sucker, cheered her up.