14

Chapter 14 - "Formality"

✧"How dare we sit quietly, and watch the world pass us by

"How dare we sit quietly, and watch the world pass us by."

Scott's eyes flash open and he immediately sits up on the metal table. I sigh with relief at how quickly he healed. When I got here I had to help Deaton clean up the black liquid that covered his mouth and chest. Deaton had to calm me down at the sight of the different colored blood because I fully believed that Scott was dying. After I pulled myself together, I disposed his shirt before placing a bandage over the deep hole in his side. The sight made me very squimish but it seemed to be healing very quickly so it wasn't as bad as I suspected. 

"Finally." I say while crossing my arms over my chest. Scott looks over at me and grins before standing up and resting his lower back on the table. My Converse slightly squeak on the floor as I make my way over to stand next to him.

"How're you doing?" I ask; obviously concerned. I eye him observantly just in case.

"I'm fine." He answers. He looks a lot better then when I first saw him for sure, but I feel like he'll start to feel it after a few minutes.

"Can you please fill me in on what happened?" I ask while thinking back to the hundreds of messages from Stiles asking about Scott. I still haven't answered since I have no answers myself.

"The Argent's think that Jackson's the Beta." He tells me and my face twists in confusion.

"Is it because of the scratch marks on his neck?" I ask while gesturing towards my neck. Scott nods his head and my face falls.

"Derek was going to turn him last night." Scott says and I clench my jaw at his name. Scott pats my hand after taking in my expression before Deaton walks into the room. A smile appears on his face when he sees Scott.

"Welcome back to the land of the conscious. You doing okay?" Deaton asks and Scott slightly leans forward as if everything's getting to him at once. I place my hand on his bare back and my other hand on his shoulder to steady him.

"Maybe you should sit down, huh?" Deaton says and Scott goes to sit down on the table but stops when the bells on the door chime. Someone just entered the building. The three of us stare at the wall that blocks our view of the door out of habit.

"Hello?" Deaton calls out. No answer. There's nothing but the patter of footsteps. Deaton goes to walk out to the lobby but Scott stops him by placing a hand on his bicep. Deaton turns to give a reassuring smile to Scott while patting his hand. Scott removes his hand before Deaton crosses the threshold to leave the backroom. Scott gently grabs my arm and push me behind him as if he's protecting me. My face twists in worry while I wait for Deaton to say something.