23

Chapter 23 - "Raving"

✧"You don't have to pretend that you're okay all the time

"You don't have to pretend that you're okay all the time."

"Dang it." I say aloud from in front of the clinic desk. Getting bad reception is insanely annoying when I'm actually trying to do something productive. I'm about to try the website again when I feel a presence behind me. My heart starts to beat fast and I drop my phone with a gasp. I immediately turn around to see Scott holding my phone. He hands it to me with a look of sympathy. I breathe a sigh of relief while taking the phone from him.

"Jesus, Scott. Don't do that." I tell him while putting my phone in my back pocket.

"Sorry." He apologizes and I accept it. We then stand there akwardly in silence. I raise my brows at him.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

"Uh...Derek's coming." He tells me. I sigh before walking to the corner of the desk.

"Okay." I say without questioning him. His head snaps towards the double doors and that's how I know that Derek's here. Am I really ready to face him after telling him off the other night?

"Keys please." Scott says while holding out his hand. Scott came in through the back door because I have the keys for the front door. I take the keys off the desk and throw them to him before he walks over to the door and unlocks it. Derek walks in followed by Isaac. I stand tall while keeping my eyes on Isaac. I don't fully trust him and I'm afraid he'll do something.

"What's he doing here?" Scott asks; speaking my thoughts.

"I need him." Derek answers.

"I don't trust him." Scott says back before locking the door.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either." Isaac says in third person. Scott throws the keys back to me and I catch them with one hand before setting them on the desk. Derek looks at me for an uncomfortable amount of time and I shift in my position while trying to look anywhere but at him. Isaac looks at me creepily and I can tell that Scott senses that I'm uncomfortable because he walks up in front of me. I mentally thank him.