66

Chapter 66,"Dreamcatchers"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Stiles, Scott, and I stand in front of Mr. Stilinski in his office, watching him critique himself through a handheld mirror. He swipes his hair to the side with his fingers while a sour expression plays on his face.

Mr. Stilinski sighs. "I should've got a haircut."

"Well, you know someone your age should be happy you still have hair to cut." Stiles says, trying to get his father to 'look on the bright side.' I roll my eyes playfully and sniff a laugh.

"I think you look very handsome, Mr. Stilinski." I say with a smile. He looks over at me brightly.

"Thank you, the child I should have had." He responds with and my smile grows, especially when I see Stiles' face fall.

Mr. Stilinski's demeanor quickly changes.

"Oh, what the hell am I doing?" He asks aloud. "This is a terrible idea." He begins to pull at his tie as if feeling claustrophobic.

Stiles quickly stops him. "What, Dad...Dad, it's one date, okay?" He says while fixing his father's tie. "The town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman. Or man." He adds and I look at him with funny expression. At least he's supportive.

"It's a woman, Stiles." Mr. Stilinski states and Stiles nods once.

"Okay." He says.

"A very beautiful woman." The Sheriff adds. Scott and I smile at each other.

"What beautiful woman, by the way?" Stiles asks.

"None of your business. Either one of you three." Mr. Stilinski responds with and I raise a brow in wonder. Stiles goes lost in thought before he looks over between me and Scott, focusing back on his father afterwards.

"I want to know." He says. Mr. Stilinski doesn't tell us, but we humor him by spewing out random names that he denies.

While Scott and I stand off to the side, watching as Stiles helps adjust his father's suit and tie, a shout comes from the lobby of the department building. We all direct our attention towards the noise, catching the next shout.