62

Chapter 62 - "A Promise to the Dead"

"If I'm wrong, I am right"

Previously on Captive...

Stiles pulls out a cassette tape from the pocket of his jacket and Katherine sits on the hospital bed beside him, leaning into him slightly to be able to read the name printed on a piece of tape on the cassette. Lorraine Martin.

"What is that about?" Katherine questions quietly.

"Brunski played this for Lydia." Stiles answers.

Katherine's phone vibrates in her back pocket and she sighs before using her free hand to pull it out to view it. It's a message from Scott.

I need your help.

"What's going on?" Katherine questions while looking between Argent, Braeden, and Kira.

"A group of so called hunters are after them." Braeden answers which causes the Witch to furrow her brows in confusion.

"'Them'?" She asks. Derek pulls back a tarp behind him to reveal a small group of other supernaturals.

"What do you need me to do?" Katherine asks her brother.

"We need to keep them protected. Do what you have to."

"You can't take them all on." Derek tells Katherine over the firing guns.

"Watch me." She shoots back.

As Katherine looks around the war zone frantically, she spots Lori, Brett's younger sister, caught by a hunter with Scott far behind. A gasp gets caught in the redheads throat as the hunters finger begins to press down on the trigger.

"No!" Katherine yells out before quickly bringing up her hand, a ball of red energy shoots towards the hunter, and using that energy, Katherine throws the hunter towards Scott who grabs him by the back of the neck.