64 (season 5)

Chapter 64,"Creatures of the Night"

Season 5

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Stiles and I walk through the quiet book store together, our hands intertwined. I drag him through the aisles, stopping every few seconds to look at a book that's caught my eye. Stiles smiles every time.

"Look at this one!" I exclaim quietly while handing Stiles a book. He takes it carefully, admiring the cover before flipping the paperback to read the synopsis. I watch him, waiting to see his reaction. His eyes follow the lines of words and he grins once finished.

"Hmm," He says in slight interest of his own. "You know, that actually sounds pretty good."

"Yeah?" I ask, trying to mask how excited I really am. He lowers the book and I eye him suspiciously.

"I'll buy it and maybe we could read it together?" He says in a question, worried that I won't agree. My eyes lighten.

"Yes, of course." I tell him excitedly. His nervous smile widens and so does my own. "But I can pay for it, Stiles." I say with a giggle. He shakes his head in response.

"No way, Kat." He says and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Okay." I respond quietly before placing a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you." A light blush breaks out across his face and he nods once.

This summer, Stiles and I have gotten closer as a couple. We've been able to spend more time together now that our lives have actually gone back to, somewhat, normal. It's been nice. Really nice. But I don't plan on telling anyone, not even Stiles, what I've been doing alone. I've gotten a better hang on my abilities and I'm even able to do things I didn't know I was capable of. Teleportation being one of them.

I've done it before without realization, but now that I have a good grasp on it, I can control it better. I mostly use it to scare Scott who's still unsure how I get near him so fast. And flying? I can for sure do that. I haven't really experienced with it because, well...it's scary, but I can do it.

I feel powerful. But that's exactly why I haven't broughten it up to anyone. I don't want them to worry about my control or worry if I'll go off the rails and have them become scared of me. I don't want that.

"Katherine?" Stiles' muffled voice asks. I focus on him then, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?" I question. He looks at me warily.

"Um, do you still want to look around?" He asks.

I shake my head. "No, I think I'm good." I tell him with a small smile. He nods in response before turning to go check the book out. I follow after him, glancing at other books on our way, wanting to grab them off the shelves. Self control may be something I lack, but I force myself to have it at this moment.