48

Chapter 48 - "The Fox and The Wolf"

"I have a message from Katherine. She said 'Game on'."

"Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this," Deputy Parrish tells Argent, Derek, and I while holding up a taser baton in front of us. I stand off to the side with my arms crossed over my chest, not paying total attention to what's going on. I spent quite a while in my room, not leaving it for anything. My mom and Scott started getting worried and kicked me out of the house. Mom more than Scott. I was going to hang out with Allison and help her with her part in the 'Saving Stiles' program, but Argent and Derek practically kidnapped me. I don't know how I could be any help at this point anyway. I'm the reason the Nogitsune took total control of his mind, I would say I've done enough. I have tried to shift to Stiles' mind countless of times, but just when I get close I'm thrown back out. The Nogitsune is growing stronger, I can feel it.

"It's way above the legal voltage limit." He finishes.

"I only use it for hunting." Argent says uncertainly while looking between me and Derek.

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure you could use it to jump-start a seven forty seven." Parrish says sternly. I roll my eyes at the deputy. Can he just give us the damn thing so we can leave?

"This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped. Although, I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that." Argent says while throwing his arms up in exasperation.

"I am. I'll take care of this, Parrish." Mr. Stilinski says while walking up beside Argent. Just looking at Mr. Stilinski makes me think of Stiles and I want to cry.

"Sheriff, I'm not kidding. This thing's a few watts from being a lightsaber." Parrish warns.

"He said he'll take care of it!" I say out of frustration. All four of them look at me with different expressions. Probably because I haven't spoken since what feels like forever ago. I see Derek's hand come towards me as if to comfort me. I clench my jaw and swat his hand away. I haven't told anyone or even admitted it to myself yet but, I've been sensing something off with Derek. Not like what I felt with Stiles when the Nogitsune took over back at the clinic. It's different but it's not good either. Derek seems taken aback by my reaction but he also seems concerned. And I can already tell the concern isn't for me but for himself.

Mr. Stilinski hesitantly grabs the taser baton out of the deputies hand. As if the awkwardness of the moment just made things worse. Trust me. Nothing could be worse than what's happening right now.