3

Chapter 3 - "Wolf Moon (Pt. 3)

✧"The devil's on your shoulder

"The devil's on your shoulder. The strangers in your head." 

The school halls are completely empty. And as I walk through them I'll occasionally see a teacher lock their doors before leaving the school or students roaming around. I haven't seen Scott at all and it's pretty much the end of the day. I'm worried about him, he's been acting strange since the incident in the woods. I walk back to my locker to retrace my steps. I keep forgetting where Scott's locker is and it bothers me more than necessary since I know that his locker is close by.

"Walk straight and turn the corner," I whisper to myself. I walk straight and make it to the end of the wall, before the corner. Before I turn the corner I stop myself because I can hear people talking. I recognize Scott's voice and I can soon tell that the other voice is Jackson's.

"I'm convinced that I'm going out of my freaking mind!" Scott yells. I hear Jackson chuckle and I can see the ugly grin on his face without even looking at him. The thought makes me roll my eyes.

"So you think you're funny... huh McCall? I know that you're hiding something, and I intend to find out what it is, no matter how long it takes." Jackson threatens before banging his fist on the locker beside Scott's head. The sound echoes down the hall. He then backs away from Scott and starts walking up the hallway, towards where I am. Before he passes me I put my foot out and he stumbles forward. Once he regains his balance he turns around and gives me a dirty look. I hold back a laugh.

"Ha Ha very funny." He says after slightly pulling down his lacrosse jersey.

"Yes. Very." I answer with a smile. He scoffs before turning around and walking away. When he disappears out of the school I walk over to Scott and act like I wasn't listening in on their conversation. He bangs the back of his head against the locker after closing his eyes before I make it in front of him.

"Where were you this morning?" I ask him right away, trying to cover up the fact that I was eavesdropping. He slowly opens his eyes.

"Well, last night I went to sleep in my bed, woke up this morning in the forest, and then ended up in the neighbor's pool." He answers with a serious expression. I furrow my brows in confusion while trying to come up with a good explanation of how that could have happened to him.

"Maybe you were sleep-walking?" I suggest. I know he probably didn't, but deep down I'm hoping for him to agree with me.

"I don't think so." He answers before I sigh. We both go quiet. There has to be a reasonable explanation for this. He probably did sleepwalk and just thinks he didn't, most people like to be stubborn and deny the true facts. Werewolves do not exist. Scott speaks up, making me snap out of my thoughts and giving him my attention.