39

Chapter 39 - "Lunar Eclipse"

"I look for my friends."

I stand in front of the three tubs with my arms crossed over my chest; biting my thumbnail while gazing over the three people I care so much about. A hand is placed gently on my upper back and I flinch while looking over at Lydia who stands close beside me.

"I'm sorry." She says quietly. I nod curtly to acknowledge her apology. She follows my gaze to Stiles. I watch him, not intently but worriedly. His words echo in my head and I feel like I could cry out of frustration because of it.

"Something's different." Lydia says which has my heart rate spike up. I look over at her with wide eyes.

"What? What's different? Are they okay?" I ask in a panic.

"No, no. They're okay," She assures and I sigh in relief. Despite them being gone for hours, it's nice to hear a reassurance. "It's just that...something's different between you and Stiles." Lydia points out. My brows pinch together in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You guys are closer. I can see it in the body language." She says with a wink. My face starts to burn up. I look away from her out of embarrasment.

"How did you stop Stiles' panic attack anyway?" She asks while raising her brows up and down repeatedly in a joking manner.

"I-uh...I just had him talk about things he liked." I answer quietly.

"Stuff like what?" She questions. I'm starting to get frustrated. I just want Scott, Allison, and Stiles to wake up so I don't have to keep worrying. Lydia bombarding me with all her questions isn't helping what-so-ever.

"Just stuff, Lydia." I say; exasperated.

"How did you stop it?" I look at her with wide eyes and I throw my hands out.

"I kissed him, okay?" I snap. Lydia and even Isaac flinch at my outburst. I know Lydia can see my frustration, but she seems to brush it off because a smile starts to form on her face. She had her suspicions. I can tell. And right after my loud answer, Stiles' hands reach up to the surface and grasp onto both sides of the tub. Allison and Scott doing the same. We all jump back in surprise as Deaton joins us in the room. We all watch them lift themselves up in the tub; gasping and sputtering after their long time in the freezing cold water. Water splashes onto the floor with their frantic movements to leave the tubs.