Extra: The Funeral

The wind blows lightly through the cemetery, rustling the leaves, gently pulling flowy outfits the mourners are wearing. Light grey clouds roll in above as Scott, Mr. Stilinski, Stiles, and even Derek come walking towards the grave holding each side of the smooth wood coffin. The others, minus Isaac, Argent, and Katherine, watch in utter defeat and disbelief as the four get closer. A Priest stands behind the tombstone with a Bible pressed against his chest due to his crossed arms. Lydia stands emotionless beside the dug grave, staring down at it with light tears falling down her face. She has a tissue in her hand but isn't able to move her hand to use it. Ms. Martin stands beside her daughter, a hand on either one of Lydia's shoulders. Kira stands on the other side of the open grave with her parents on either side of her. The boys set the Casket down on the stands before joining their family and friends around it. Scott with Melissa, Stiles with Noah [Mr. Stilinski], and Derek keeping his distance alone. The priest opens up his Bible despite, unfortunately, knowing this speech like the back of his hand.

"God, we thank you for the life that you give us. It is full of work and of responsibility, of sorrow and joy. Today we thank you for Celestine Argent, for what she has given to each person here. Help us in our mourning and teach us to live for the living in the time that is still left to us. A life taken too soon with so much life left. Today we will celebrate her life and live the rest of ours for her, though she is here in spirit and in our hearts." The Priest then motions forward, suggesting that someone in the very small crowd should speak up. Everyone stays completely silent and unmoving, not entirely grasping what has all went down.

Kira looks around sadly before stepping forward. All eyes go to her. "I didn't have the pleasure of getting to know Allison very well," She stutters from the sudden attention. "But she was always kind and full of light. She saved us." Kira finishes. The parents nod in agreeance as the kids are too numb to move. Kira takes a step back in front of her parents who put a hand on her arm comfortingly.

"She was my best friend," Lydia speaks up, looking blankly at the casket where her best friend lies in. "This shouldn't have happened." The strawberry blonde says in a whisper as she walks slowly towards the casket. When she gets beside it, Lydia places her hands on top of the smooth surface. The tears start coming faster now. "I'm so sorry." She says in a hushed tone. No one says anything after that. They all just stand there, gazing at different things around them. No one moves. Even when the grave diggers and funeral workers come to bury the coffin, they stay still besides Miss. Martin dragging Lydia away from Allison. After a while, Melissa tells the Priest to leave and not long after the Yukimura's depart from the group as well after Kira makes sure to hug her friends bye. After an hour, Derek vanishes, leaving the parents to try and get their kids home. They don't budge, they refuse to leave their friend who should be above ground with them.

"We'll be okay." Stiles says quietly while looking over at his dad. It takes a few moments but Mr. Stilinski nods sadly, kissing his sons' temple before waiting on the two mother's who do the same to their children; leaving the remaining three without their two other pieces to complete the puzzle.

Lydia's black dress sways along with the wind which even washes away some of their tears. The oval picture of Allison smiling at a camera on the tombstone is almost chilling to the three. To know that they'll never see that smile in real time ever again breaks something inside of them.

"They should be here." Scott says aloud, talking about Katherine, Argent, and Isaac.

Stiles inhales a shaky breath. "They would be if they could."

"They didn't have to leave so soon."

"You know they wouldn't be able to handle this." Stiles replies.

"And we can?" Scott asks, his voice rising.

"Stop." Lydia says quietly while staring at Allison's smiley picture. She took that picture and Katherine was behind the camera making silly faces at Allison to try and get her to smile.

"Seriously, Scott--"

"Stop!" Lydia cries while turning towards the two, masscara running down her face and her eyes blood shot. "Our friend is dead," She reminds them and they go dead silent. "Now is really not a good time." Lydia says before glancing at Allison's grave one last time before tearing herself away and walking towards the parking lot where Mr. Stilinski left Stiles' Jeep. She's had enough for the day and doesn't know if she'll ever bring herself to return.

The two boys stand there silently, hands in their pockets as they stare at Allison's picture. The dark clouds settle above, causing a stronger breeze to blow through. Both boys tense up from the wind, sending ripples of goosebumps up and down their arms. Dirt pebbles covering the casket tumble lightly and the flowers on either side of the tombstone sway dangerously. Scott feels the rain before it even comes. Starting as small droplets sprinkling down then changing quickly to a mist of rain. They blink away the rain from their eyes as they try to keep eye contact with Allison.

"This is my fault. I'm so sorry, Allison." Stiles says quietly before turning away. Stalking off towards the parking lot, in his completely wet outfit.

Scott sits himself down beside the muddy grave, putting his hand on the tombstone as a way to hold his first love. He hangs his head low, letting the rain drown him. All the memories the two have made together seem to flash before his eyes. Every kiss, hug, declaration of love mock him. He starts to cry, feeling that hole in his chest where Allison is supposed to be.

"Wait for me?" Scott asks. He waited for her, now it's Allison's turn to wait for him.