72

Chapter 72,"Lies Of Omission"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"You kissed him?" Lydia asks in disbelief, not able to keep eye contact with me. She looks so disappointed. I don't blame her.

"I had to." I try to tell her. Her eyes snap up at me, fire behind the piercing green.

"You had to?" She questions. "You and Stiles may not be together right now, which is incredibly crazy by the way, but that doesn't mean you can go and kiss Theo!" She yells in a hushed tone. I inhale sharply.

"I know," I say. "I know what I did and I know I'll lose Stiles because of it." Some kind of emotion pierces my heart and I have to take another deep breath to ensure I can keep going. Lydia sits down at the edge of my bed and runs a hand through her hair as she stares at a spot on the ground. I can feel her emotions, they're hitting me hard like daggers. But she's trying not to lash out on me.

I stay quiet, letting her collect herself over this information. Finally, she looks up at me, her face less red and her eyes more sad. "Why did you have to do it?" Lydia asks. I exhale quietly, relieved to share the reason behind this horrible situation.

I stay standing in front of Lydia, giving her some space from myself. "Okay, so every time I'm around or by Theo my mind goes all fuzzy and I can never think straight," I start with. Lydia's eyebrow quirks up ever-so-slightly and I already feel like we're off to a bad start. "And every time I've tried to read his thoughts, I'm never able to." Her eyebrows pinch together, creating an expression I longed for. Thoughtfulness to what I'm saying. "I think he's trying to hide something."

Lydia looks off, taking my words into deeper consideration. I wait patiently, hoping that maybe she comes to a conclusion of her own. But when her eyes meet mine, I know she wants me to continue. "Last night he kissed me," I say. "And for that split second, his mind opened up for me and I was able to do what I couldn't before. See his thoughts."