Once Bitten, Twice Shy, And Three Times is The Charm

- or was it Four?

I have a little confession to make: I have a second wattpad account which I used to keep in touch with a few people while taking a break from this one. And, as EmphaKat's birthday happened to fall into this period, I also posted this gift for her on that account.

It was supposed to be a one shot but I just didn't get it finished in time, so it was published in several parts; but now that I'm moving back here, I might as well combine them into one chapter again.

I got the idea for this story from 'Groundhog Day' (aka 'Lockdown, the Movie').

—-

Day 1.0

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age and must be hundreds of years old."

Listening (and admiring) as Nya point out the ancient Serpentine skeleton's features, Jay let out a little sigh. Seriously, how could anyone make such a dull subject sound so fascinating?

Not that his teammates seemed to agree though, Kai appeared to be nothing but bored while Cole was doodling a (pretty good, Jay had to admit) drawing of himself in his new gi. The only one actually taking notes was Zane, but that was more out of habit than a necessity. Since he had discovered his robotic nature, the Nindroid would automatically save any piece of relevant information to his database.

Jay wished he could do that as well. It was so hard to pay attention to anything other than Nya's chocolate brown eyes or those cute dimples when she smiled or her-

"Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom. If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects. Resulting in...diminished..."

As the raven girl kept talking, the blue Ninja couldn't help but imagine (some more innocent than others) ways to wildly raise her heartbeat. Ways that her hotheaded brother would probably not approve of.

Eventually forcing himself to snap out of his daydream, Jay realised that the room had suddenly fallen silent and all eyes were on him.

His freckled cheeks turned a deep shade of red. The others couldn't know what he had been thinking... there was no Master of Mind, right? But, just in case, maybe he could ask the Master of Earth to dig a deep hole for Jay to disappear in.

"Wha-what?" He squeaked.

"I-I was just asking if someone is wearing perfume." Nya answered, almost apologetically. "I-I'm severely allergic to perfume." Her statement was confirmed by her swollen, pink cheeks and laboured breathing.

"Oh." Jay's face fell. He turned to his seat neighbour. "You told me it was men's cologne." He whispered accusingly.

Kai wasn't too impressed though. "Meh, I get them mixed up." He shrugged, causing everyone to burst out into loud laughter.

Everyone but Jay and Nya, that is.

"How can you think that's funny?" The former asked incredulously. "She's your sister, you idiot, and you're purposely putting her at risk just to play a prank on me? She could go into shock. It happened to someone in my school and he-" Jay's rant stopped mid-sentence – a first for him – when the girl he adored collapsed right in front of them.

—-

Day 1.1

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away." Nya explained as she removed the covers from the skeleton. "It predates the Golden Age and must be hundreds of years old."