Ninjago TNG - Sneak Peek

(The first part of this note is pretty much the same as in the previous chapter so you can skip it if you want 🙂).
After getting so many votes on the Next Gen idea, I am going to make it into a book instead of a short special. It will continue from the 'Jaya Wedding' storyline (so I can finally post other stuff in this book again, yay 😁) and start with the Ninja's children as babies/toddlers (there will be quite a few time skips though). I am still working on some of the details, and probably some bits will still change over the course of the book. Any kind of input (except for the names and descriptions of the children) is appreciated.
While I have already started writing, I won't publish the book until after SoG. Although this storyline breaks off before that season, I might still use some details from it (like new characters and possible relationships 😉). And I still need to write a few one-shots that close the gap between the Christmas Eve story and the new book (probably won't do all the weddings right now though, might have some as flashbacks later).
But here is a tiny sneak peek for the first chapter!

Future Elemental Masters
Even from the distance, Kai could already see the news helicopters circling over the hospital. Of course, someone had notified the public that all the Ninja, including the newest addition to their family, could be found here today – and no, it had not been him this time.

When the Master of Fire and his wife approached the tall, square building, they found a large crowd of journalists and fans gathered in front of the main entrance, despite the still early hours.

Kai took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for what was to come next. Why had they volunteered - well, it was more like they had been volunteered by the others – to take the main entrance while the rest of his team could sneak in from the back...

"Alright." He turned to Skylor. "Let's choppy-sock this lemonade stand."

"Excuse me, what was that?" The Master of Amber laughed.

"Jay once said that." Her husband explained. "It must have been on one of our first ever missions together."

"Sounds like he has grown at least a little bit since then." The redhead remarked.

"Well, he better has." Kai stated. "Now, let's go."

Clutching Skylor's hand firmly in his own, Kai pushed through the crowd. "Excuse us, please." He occasionally mumbled, ignoring the questions that were fired at the couple. "Thank you."

"Kai, how does it feel to be an uncle?", "Is it a boy or a girl?", "Will there be another Fire Master as well soon?", and "If things don't work out with Skylor, will you marry me?" were just some of the things the reporters and fans wanted to know of the red Ninja.

They had soon reached the top of the stairs leading up to the entrance and were just about to enter through the sliding doors.

"C'mon. What's a little favour between old friends..." A familiar voice pleaded from behind. No, it was definitely no surprise that Dareth was here as well.

Kai turned around and looked at the brown Ninja.

"Alright." He smirked. "I am absolutely delighted to inform you that my sister has given birth to a healthy and very beautiful... baby."

He could see the disappointment on the people's faces. But he wouldn't say any more on this topic, this was not his news to share.

And to be honest, Kai actually didn't know that much more himself anyway.

Last night, Jay had only sent him one picture, without any details other than that Kai's new niece or nephew and their mother were doing well. For once, the blue Ninja was actually keeping his mouth shut – and for once Kai wished he wouldn't.

But Nya had been right. Ever since they had revealed the news about her pregnancy to the public, people had gone absolutely crazy about it. One of the guest bedrooms at her and Jay's new home in Cliff Gordon's villa was filled with presents they hadn't managed to open yet. And it was just unbelievable how much money people had spent betting on things like the baby's gender, name, and their elemental powers.

Kai as well as the rest of the team had learned about the latter in that little incident a few weeks ago, and he had been quite tempted to anonymously place some money on it. But the risk of getting spotted had been to high – and this for sure would have gotten him in some serious trouble with his sister.

But now, he really wanted to find out about the first two items and especially meet his new family member.

"Oh, and thank you, but I have no intention of ever being married to anyone else than this lovely woman right here beside me." Kai added, before he and Skylor walked inside, the sliding doors closing behind them.