Switched (Part 1) // Jay x Nya and Kai x Skylor

Thank you all so much for the amazing suggestions for my Jaya anniversary one shot!

I couldn't really decide which one to use so I'm just gonna write a couple of them 😉. Most of the Jaya stories I've recently written were either AU or future fics, so it will be fun to write some one shots for the canon timeline now!

This story was a suggestion from AlexTodorova17 : Kai and Nya switch bodies just before their dates with Skylor and Jay, respectively.

The story is set right after Hands of Time and will have two or three parts.

The first part contains some awkwardness (unavoidable when Nya and Kai discover what has happened and then have to get each other ready for their dates) but the next part(s) should be funnier and fluffier!

And in case things get confusing, the POV is always the person controlling the body, i.e. 'Nya' is her mind in Kai's body. When referring to the 'host', it either says something like 'Nya's body' or the name written in italics.

[Apparently, there is already an unfinished story on this site with the same theme. I couldn't find it (please let me know if you have the title or maybe the link) and I have not read it, so any similarities (apart from the overall idea, obviously) would be coincidental!]

——-

Switched (Part 1)

"Bye mum. Bye dad." Nya turned around and waved back to her parents - for the fifteenth time since the Smith siblings had left the Four Weapons shop on their fusion dragon.

"Nya, we're almost at the temple." Kai told his sister. "I really don't think our parents can still see you."

"I know. I just miss them already." Nya sighed. "We've been without them for so long, and we have so much to catch up on."

"And we will." Her brother reassured her. "And to be honest, I can't wait for the next time we'll get home – and mum and dad will be there."

After the defeat of the Time Twins, Maya and Ray had spent a few days with their children at the Temple of Airjitzu before moving back to Ignacia today. All the Ninja as well as some friends had helped the blacksmith couple settle back into the family's old home. And whereas their teammates had earlier returned to the floating temple, the Masters of Water and Fire had stayed over for dinner and were only flying home now.

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow?" Nya wanted to know. Master Lloyd had given his team a day off.

"I'm gonna see Skylor." Kai told her. "I've briefly spoken to her on the phone, but I still want to tell her everything that's happened in person."

"Ooh, my brother has a date." Nya teased him.

"No, we're just friends..." Kai protested.

"C'mon, you still like her." She insisted. "You are usually so cool and confident, but even just mentioning her gets you all flustered."

"I do." He admitted. "I really do."

"And she obviously cares about you as well. So, why don't you just go for it?"

"Alright, I will." Kai said. "Everything to make my little sis happy." Truth be told, he had secretly planned already to do it anyway, but would never admit that of course. "So, what have you planned for tomorrow?"