Switched (Part 3)

Final part of this little story!

The previous chapter left off when Nya was about to kiss Skylor and Kai was going to proclaim 'his' love for Jay... but will they actually go through with it?!

——-

Switched (Part 3)

C'mon, just pretend you're kissing Jay. Nya told herself, as their faces came closer.

She closed her eyes and imagined herself holding Jay's hand, that it was her boyfriend's breath she could feel on her face, that it was his cherry lipgloss she could smell... and that's when she was abruptly brought back to reality.

Just as their lips were about to meet, Nya's eyes snapped open and she pulled away.

"I am sorry, Skylor." She apologised. "But... I just can't do this."

"I understand." The redhead gave her a sad look. "I guess I blew my chance with you a while ago..."

Skylor pushed back her chair, her ocean blue eyes welling with tears. "Please excuse me, I am not very hungry for a dessert."

"No, wait." Nya exclaimed. "It's not like that."

She took a brief glimpse around to make sure nobody was looking at the elemental couple, before creating a small ball of water between her hands.

"I am Nya." She told the other girl. "I know it sounds hard to believe, but Kai and I have switched bodies..."

"Well, it's not that hard to believe." Skylor smiled through her tears. "Considering I was a snake not too long ago... it seems that anything can happen in Ninjago, but how?"

Nya told her friend about her and Kai's fusion dragon and the Dragon Blade.
"And then, we didn't want to disappoint you or Jay, so we decided to pretend that I am Kai and he is me. But I guess the idea wasn't that great... Skylor, I know that my brothers likes you a lot. Your first kiss with him just shouldn't be with me." She smiled. "And I really wasn't lying when I said that I enjoyed hanging out with you, I hope we will get to spend more time with each other and be friends, but... you're not exactly my type."

"Not blue enough?" Skylor smirked.

A light blush dusted Kai's tanned cheeks. "Yeah... So, I don't want to kiss you. And... I don't want my brother to kiss my boyfriend either."

"I'd rather not have that to happen either." Skylor agreed.

"C'mon, let's go find them." Nya took her phone from her purse. "Jay had planned a surprise date for us, but we can track each other's devices." She explained.

"Are they far from here?"

"No, they are just around the corner in the park." She told Skylor. "Awww, I bet Jay wanted to us to see the cherry blossom."

"Then, what are we waiting for?" Skylor asked.

——-

Kai took a deep breath. "I lo..."

But just at that moment, a loud "Stop!" in his own voice interrupted their conversation.

Kai opened his eyes and saw Nya and Skylor running towards them. "Nooo." His sister shouted. "Don't!"

Jay's face fell.

"See, that's what I was talking about earlier." He complained. "He's doing it again."

But to the blue Ninja's surprise, Kai's body tackled him into a hug, sending them both on the ground.

"That's not Nya." The spiky haired man told him. "I am Nya. And I love you."

"Wh-what?" Jay gave a pleading look at the person he had thought was his girlfriend. "Please tell me this isn't..."

"It is true." Kai interrupted him. "I am Kai." And to prove his point, he produced a small flame in his hand.

Jay buried his face in his hands. "I can't believe I've revealed all my feelings to my girlfriend's brother..."

"Yes, and I am glad you did." Kai gave him a pat on the back. "It really helped me understand your relationship a lot better. And I meant it when I promised to support you from now on."

"And you were in this as well?" Jay accusingly glared at Skylor.

"No, until a few minutes ago, I thought that I was on a date with Kai."

"It was my idea." Nya apologised. "I didn't want to disappoint you by cancelling our date."

"Which is why I am so glad that you broke your cover first." Kai said.

"And I can't believe you were actually gonna go through with it..." Nya smirked.

"And... are you going to stay like this forever?" Jay asked worriedly.

"No, it should wear of in a day or two." Nya reassured her boyfriend, before she explained to him what had happened to her and her brother.

Jay took a moment to silently look back and forth between his girlfriend and the person who looked like his girlfriend.

"Why can't you just use the Dragon Blade to switch back?" He finally asked.

"Mum and dad said that there is no way to actively switch back." Nya shrugged.

"I am not sure they're tried." Kai chimed in. "It sounded like they rather enjoyed it when it happened to them..."

"I am pretty sure I don't want to know..." Jay blushed.

"And I think your idea is worth a try." Kai stated. "Mum said that our powers and our minds want to return to their right bodies, so giving them a little push might work."

Watching the four elemental masters returning to the Ninja's home was a rather interesting sight: It looked as if Kai was flying the impressive Lightning and Water hybrid dragon, while Skylor was sitting (very close) behind Nya on the elemental Fire dragon.

Back at the Temple of Airjitzu, they went directly to Kai's room, where the Fire Master took the red and blue Dragon Blade from the wall.

"So, we need to put our elemental powers into the blade and then switch sides." Kai reminded his sister, holding the red side while Nya took the blue one.
Jay and Skylor watched in awe as the Masters of Fire and Water closed their eyes and transferred their powers into the blade, which started to glow brightly. Once the process was complete, they quickly turned the blade around and started to withdraw their powers, before their huge fusion dragon could materialise inside the small room.

Nya sighed in relief as she could feel herself return to her own body. She opened her chocolate brown eyes and ran her hand through her straight short hair.

She smiled at Jay who was anxiously looking at her. "And? Did it work?" He wanted to know. "Nya?"

"Yes?" Both Kai and Nya replied simultaneously.

The Water Ninja playfully nudged her brother's arm. "Stop messing with him."
She walked over to her boyfriend. "It did." She said. "It I was still Kai, I probably wouldn't do this." She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a deep kiss.

"Argh, my eyes." Kai exclaimed, covering his eyes with her hands

"Yes, that's definitely your brother." Jay mumbled before capturing her lips again.

Skylor walked over to Kai. "Don't look at them." She took his hands and removed them from his eyes. "Look at me."

And then she kissed him.