Sick Day (Part 3)

This one is for you, bear2710 - hope you're gonna feel better soon !!!

Sick Day (Part 3)

Opening her eyes, Nya rolled onto her side, expecting to see her husband still fast asleep on this Wednesday morning. Yet, despite the very early hour, the bed next to her was already empty.

Nya smiled. Jay was just too sweet and caring. Even though the Master of Water was feeling a lot better again after having been down with a nasty cold, her husband was still trying to give her as much rest as possible. So, he would get up extra early, get the kids ready by himself, and take them to playgroup on the way to work, while his wife was allowed to sleep in. And Nya could not deny that sleeping in was something that she enjoyed very much - even when she wasn't sick.

The Master of Water closed her eyes again, snuggling into her warm duvet. She was just about to drift back to sleep when she heard the sound of someone throwing up from the next room.

Worried, the black-haired young woman got out of her bed and walked into their en-suite bathroom, where she found Jay crouching over the toilet, loudly emptying the contents of his stomach.

"Hey." She said softly. "Are you alright?"

Jay briefly glanced at her, giving her the 'Does this look like I'm alright?' look before he quickly turned his head back to the white porcelain bowl.

Nya sat down on the side of the bathtub and gently rubbed his back while he kept throwing up, just as he would always do for her - and Nya had been sick a lot when she had been pregnant with both their children.

Speaking of whom...

"Daddy sick?" Hearing the voice of two year old son, Nya turned her head to see her two kids standing in the doorway, watching their father with a mix of worry and curiosity.

"Maybe he ate too many cookies." Four-year old Abigail suggested.

"No, I'm afraid your daddy really is sick." Nya replied.

"Tol' ya." Robbie proudly said to his sister.

Having finished, Jay plopped onto the floor, panting.

"Ugh, I hate being sick." He groaned, leaning back against the bathtub while Nya flushed the toilet.

"My poor baby." She ran her hand through his sticky auburn hair. "You're hot." She noticed.

"I know." He gave her a lopsided smile. "But not in front of the kids, hun."

"Don't worry, I am not at all tempted to even kiss you right now." She grinned. "But seriously, you're burning up."

Nya then turned to her daughter. "Kids, can you please get me a washcloth?"

"Sure." Abigail beamed at her mother. She and her brother disappeared from the doorway and could be heard opening the drawers of their parents' wardrobe in the master bedroom.

"I've been meaning to tidy up the wardrobe anyway..." Nya remarked. She flashed her sick husband a little smile. "What's the matter with you, darling?"

"I already wasn't feeling too great when I woke up this morning." Jay explained. "But it wasn't this bad - just a sore throat and a bit of a headache - so I still got up and went to take a shower. But that made my headache get a lot worse and I suddenly felt dizzy, and then..." He shrugged. "Well, you've heard the rest. Sorry I woke you and the kids."

"Are you serious?" Nya put her hands on her hips. "You are the one who is sick and yet you apologise for waking us up?"

Before the auburn haired man could reply, the children came bouncing back into the bathroom, each of them carrying a few of the requested items.