Lightning and Thunderblade (Part 1) // Jay x Nya

This one shot was a suggestion by LokiMischiefMaker - it's pretty much Ninja Roll (from ToE and one of my favourite Ninjago episodes ever) written from Nya's perspective (and with a bit of Jaya of course).

I had to cheat a little bit though because Nya was not on Chen's Island at this time yet and the Ninja were already awake when they got the skates (plus a few more small details).

-----

Lightning and Thunderblade

"Hurry up, mummy." Five-year old Robert Walker complained as his mother was lacing his roller skates. "Abby 'n ev'yone else are a'ready skating." The brunette boy pointed at his seven-year old sister who, with her father and older cousin, happily waved at them as they were going around the skating track.

The Walker and Smith families were having a picnic in the park, to celebrate the beginning of spring as well as Nya's Birthday. And all the children (and this included her husband) were excited to try out the new skating rink.

"Not everyone, honey." The Water Ninja stated. "Amber isn't ready yet either." Her headstrong little niece had insisted on putting on the skates herself, and now her mother was still trying to untie the tangled laces. "And I would have been a lot faster if you could keep still for just a minute." She told the boy who was excitedly kicking his short legs.

It's definitely a lot easier when they are asleep. Nya remembered.

-----

"What are we supposed to do with these?" Nya wondered, as she and the other kabuki girls were each handed a pair of roller skates. "Please don't tell me we have to dance in these for Chen..."

Nya was not a great skater. Granted, she was not as bad as her brother but neither of them had ever learned to do it properly.

"No, these are for the next event in the Tournament: Energy versus Form." The girl next to her informed the Samurai. "We need to put them on the Elemental Masters."

"Clouse has put a spell on them so that they won't wake up." Another servant added. "But we need to hurry before it wears off."

This means that Clouse can do magic, Nya thought as she followed the other dancers to the chow house, where the contestants had to sleep tonight. The girl had only arrived on the island the previous evening and she was still not too familiar with the surroundings.

She was excited to see her (former) teammates after what had been quite a long time, even though she would not be able to interact with them. She just wanted to see that they were all doing alright. From what she had just heard, she only knew that Lloyd would have to compete now. But what about the other three?

"Oooh, I want the red Ninja, pleeeaaase." The kabuki walking ahead of Nya exclaimed. "He's sooo hot."

Nya smiled. Her brother was still in the tournament. And apparently as popular as ever.

"It's a shame the black one is out." Another one sighed. "He's my favourite."

The Samurai was surprised to hear that Cole was already out. How could that have happened, the Master of Earth was the strongest of the four remaining Ninja... and what about...

"Did you see that fight?" Another dancer chimed in. "It was so cruel of Chen to put two of the Ninja up against each other..."

Cole had been defeated by one of his brothers? Who? And why had nobody mentioned Jay? Was he alright?