Zapped // Jay x Nya (*)

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my question regarding the Valentine's Day special (if you haven't, the poll is still open until tomorrow). It's looking very much like it's going to be Kai x Skylor (with a bit of Jay x Nya!).

This one-shot explains the 'incident' mentioned in the first chapter of the Next Generation story. The story is set in early March. (I've mentioned it somewhere before but just to make sure... Jay and Nya's wedding was in September and Abby will be born in May.)

Btw, writing cranky Nya is fun 😉!

-----

Zapped

"Where does this one go, hun?" Jay panted as he walked into the mansion, carrying a large and apparently heavy box in his arms.

With the help of Kai, Lloyd and Zane, the Master of Lightning and his wife were moving into their new home, the villa formerly belonging to Jay's birth father Cliff Gordon.

"Those are our tools, so downstairs in the workshop, please." Nya explained. The pregnant Water Ninja was comfortably seated on the padded bench in the main hall (and slightly bored), instructing her teammates where they had to take all the moving boxes and other items the three men were bringing into the Walkers' new home. "Looks like you've picked the heaviest box of them all, babe. Right now, I am actually glad you don't let me carry anything so I really can't help you with this one..."

"This would have been the right job for Cole." Jay stated. He put the box down and wiped his forehead. "Hope everything is fine with Sel and the baby." He remarked.

The strongest member of the team was dearly missed right now, for the Master of Earth was accompanying his 12-weeks pregnant girlfriend to her appointment at the hospital and their baby's first ultrasound.

"I am sure it's all good." Nya stood up and walked over to her husband. Wrapping her arms around his waist, Nya leaned against Jay's chest. "I still remember when we had our first scan... you think Cole is going to start crying as well when he sees the little heartbeat?"

"I wasn't crying. I just... had... uhm, something in my eyes." Jay protested. "But it was amazing. You are amazing." He drew her for a gentle kiss.

"That's the one thing I am not going to miss when we all move out." As usual, Kai's voice interrupted the couple. "Now that you've got your own place, you can make out as much as you want when you're on your own."

"And only two more weeks until you'll be officially living with your wife." Nya retorted. "Speaking of Skylor, she should be here soon, right?"

"Unfortunately not." The red Ninja replied. "Sky just called. The restaurant is super busy today, so she just can't leave to come here for lunch. She's going to get our order ready, if one of us collects it."

"I'll go." Nya detached herself from her husband's embrace, eager to have something to do. "I need to talk to Skylor about a few things for the wedding anyway."

"Are you sure?" Jay asked worriedly. "You probably shouldn't go on your own..."

Needless to say, Nya was not happy about this. "Oh, c'mon. It's not like I'm taking the dragon or the motorbike – or anything even remotely fun. I'll drive in our brand new boring family car that has all the safety features you can possibly imagine." She tried to reassure her husband. "It has definitely more than I could have imagined..." She mumbled.

"No, Jay is right." Kai agreed with his brother-in-law. "I'll go, so you can get some rest."

"Get some rest?" Nya asked, dramatically raising her arms – and her voice. "What from? You are not letting me carry as much as even a box of Sensei's tea leaves. Which we totally didn't take, of course. But why can't you two see that I am perfectly fine? I am bursting with energy, and everyone keeps telling me to take it easy, take a break, get some rest, and so on. This is my body, and I am... ouch." She suddenly grabbed her stomach.