Big Brother, Little Sister // Ray, Maya, Kai & Nya

This one-shot is a request for bear2710 (and I got the idea from one of her drawings 😄)!

I don't know if I'll be around here much for the next couple of days. I'm in Germany for mid-term and can't spend too much time on my phone/tablet without getting into serious trouble with my mum... Hope I'll still be able to finish and post the Valentine's story on time!

——-

Big Brother, Little Sister

Something was definitely off about Kai today, Ray was sure about that.

Usually, when the blacksmith or his wife collected their three-year old son from his playgroup, Kai would excitedly tell them about his morning with his friends, happily bouncing at his parent's hand on their short walk home. And the proud big brother would never forget to enquire about 'Ny-ny', his baby sister.

But none of this had happened on this particular day.

What's the matter with Kai? Ray wondered. I hope he's not getting sick...

"Are you feeling alright, son?" He asked worriedly.

"Yeah, all fine." The spiky-haired boy mumbled.

"Did you fight with your friends?" He guessed. But had Kai gotten into any trouble at playgroup, the teacher would have probably told the father.

"No." Was the answer. And that was all that Ray would get his son to say for the rest of the way.

When they arrived at the Four Weapons, Kai's mother Maya and sister Nya were playing in front of the blacksmith shop.

As soon as she saw the two spiky-haired males approaching, the thirteen-months old girl toddled towards them.

"Kai, did you have a nice morning?" Maya asked.

"Hmm." Kai nodded, but the frown on his face suggested otherwise.

"Nya has a surprise for you, she has learned a new word." She pointed at herself. "Who am I?"

"Ma-ma." The black-haired girl replied. Kai huffed, that was nothing new.

"Who's that?" Maya pointed at her husband.

"Da-da."

"And who's that handsome fella?"

"K'aiii." The little girl squealed.

"Well done, Nya." Ray was very proud of his daughter, who looked expectantly at her older brother and big hero.

But Kai was not impressed. "An' who 'r you?" He asked.

"N-n..." Nya started.

"Thought so." Kai stated. "You don' 'now. 'cause you stoopid sista." And he stomped into the house.

While Nya was too little to fully understand his words, she could tell from the sharp tone in his voice that she had done something wrong. Her big brown eyes started pooling with tears, as she plopped down on her padded bottom.

"No, baby girl. Don't cry." Ray scooped her up into his arms. "You did very well, Nya." He tried to comfort the upset girl.

Ninjago - One-shots and short StoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara