Four Hearts and Two Crowns (AU) // Jay x Nya and Cole x Seliel

This story is dedicated to DramaticFangirl12 and Sunnyninja13 who both have their birthdays today 🎉. I hope you will have a wonderful day with lots of 🎁 and of course some yummy 🎂 !!!

I hope you will enjoy this 'present' - and that you've got a bit of time to read, because at 10,421 words (not even counting the title or this author's note...), it is the longest 'chapter' I have ever written, even surpassing the multi-part stories in this book.
But because of the special occasion, I didn't want to split this one 😊. (It may look like it has a lot of paragraph breaks, but quite a few of them are only there to mark a change in the POV.)

It is a 'medieval AU' story, and the 'arranged marriage' theme was a Jaya story request of Sunnyninja13's (although I've swapped the roles of Jay and Nya). And Seliel's parents don't have any official names, so I've made them up.

-

Four Hearts and Two Crowns (AU) // Jay x Nya and Cole x Seliel

"Master Jason, Mistress Seliel." The housekeeper called out for the two children, who were chasing each other through the castle gardens. "Your parents would like you to come in and see them right now."

"What is it about, Miss Edna?" The nine-year old boy asked as he came bouncing up the stairs to the castle, his pink-haired best friend running after him.

"They have a surprise for you, Master Jay." Edna Walker explained, trying to fix the child's tousled auburn hair. "Actually, for both of you. And I'm afraid there's no time to get you changed." She sighed, looking at the children's expensive outfits that used to be fresh and clean just half an hour ago.

She led the children to the Grand Hall where Jay's parents, the Duke and Duchess of Gordon, as well as their guests and Seliel's parents, the Duke and Duchess of Nom, were impatiently for waiting for them.

"Lord Clifford. I have brought the children, as you've requested." Mrs Walker told the Duke.

"Jay." Lady Libber embraced her son. "I am sorry to have interrupted your play, but we have some very important news for you two."

"Sel, honey." The Duke of Nom addressed his daughter. "As you know, your mother and I have been good friends with Lord Cliff and Lady Libber for a long time –"

"And Jay is my good friend." She added.

"And Sel is mine." The boy nodded.

"Yes, you are." Seliel's father smiled at her. "Also, the Gordons and their people are our allies and most important trade partners of Nom. Therefore, the four of us-" He gestured towards his wife and Jay's parents. "Have agreed that the two of you will get married when you are older."

"Whoohoo." The two children high-fived each other, not fully understanding the seriousness of the matter.

"That means that we will be living together and you don't have to go back to your home." Jay cheered. "We can play all the time."

The girl nodded. "And we'll be friends forever."

"I am glad that the two of you agree with our plan." Seliel's mother smiled at the children.

"The wedding will take place on the day of Jason's eighteenth birthday." Lady Libber informed them.

"You can go back to your game, if you wish. Spend as much time together as you can, for tomorrow, we must return home to Nom." Seliel's father said. "You can write each other until you meet again."