Exciting News // TNG

Exciting News

When Kai and Skylor reached the top of the cobblestone path, Nya was already waiting for them at the entrance to the Walker family's home.

While Kai had parked the car, the Master of Amber had sent a text message to her sister-in-law to notify her of their arrival, to avoid using the doorbell and possibly disturbing the sleeping baby.

"Good to see you." The Master of Water embraced her brother and his wife. "Come in."

"You look great, sis." Kai remarked, as they followed her inside the villa.

To give them time to settle into their new life as parents, he hadn't seen his sister or her husband in over a week now, not since their first and only visit at the hospital. So far, Ray and Maya as well as Jay's parents were the only ones who had visited the family at their home.

And while Jay had kept their whole team updated with what felt like millions of photos, he and Skylor were very excited to see their adorable little niece and her parents again today.

"Thanks." Nya smiled. "I am feeling great as well. Tired and still getting used to the new routine, but I've never been happier."

"Is Abby asleep?" Skylor enquired. She just couldn't wait to see her goddaughter.

"Not just her." Nya laughed. Signalling them to be quiet, she led her guests into the living room. Jay was passed out on the sofa, the equally fast asleep infant lying on his chest.

"Isn't this the cutest thing ever?" Nya fondly looked at her family. "I've spent the last half hour or so just watching them."

"I've shared a room with Jay for too long to find anything special about seeing him sleeping." Kai stated, plopping down in one of the armchairs. "But luckily my niece is just as beautiful as her mother."

"Abby had a bit of a tummy ache last night, Jay was up half of the night carrying her around, so they are both exhausted."

"Why didn't you tell us, Nya?" Skylor asked, sitting down in the chair next to her husband's. "We could have just come another day."

"If we want to wait until neither of us is tired, we probably won't get to see each other for another couple of months." Nya told them. "And I know how difficult it is for you," she looked at the restaurant owner, "to take time off work."

She gently picked up her ten-day-old daughter. "Shh, it's okay, sweetie." She cooed, when the girl started to stir in her arms. "You still need to sleep a bit more."

The new mother carefully put the baby in a moses basket. She then knelt down next to her husband and gently ran her hand through his tousled auburn hair. "But you have to wake up now, honey." She placed a soft kiss on his forehead. "Our guests have arrived."

Jay's reluctantly opened his eyes and he sat up with a yawn. He blushed in embarrassment when he noticed Kai and Skylor watching him.

"You could have woken me up earlier." He complained to his wife.

"You have a lot of sleep to catch up on, and I didn't want to disturb the two of you." Nya sat down next to her husband and leaned against him. 

"As I've already said, seeing you sleeping is nothing new for me." Kai told his brother-in-law. He smirked. "At least you weren't hugging your pillow or your nunchucks."

"I don't miss sharing a room with you guys either." Jay laughed, wrapping an arm around his wife.

"Especially not Cole's snoring." Kai agreed.

"Most certainly not. But speaking of Cole, he and Sel are coming over tomorrow. And they have sent us a cake." The Master of Lightning remembered. "Would you like a piece?"