The Proposal // Jay x Nya (*)

I know I have promised that my next (i.e. this) update would be a Kailor one-shot but I am a bit stuck with that draft at the moment... (I am sooo sorry KitKat783, I really will try to finish it soon!)

In the meantime, here's another little Jaya story (another reader request from FF), with just a tiny bit of Kailor at the end 😉!

This one-shot continues the storyline from 'Movie Night' and 'Weekend for Four' and it also refers to a small detail from my 2016 Christmas story (which I haven't posted here yet because I only joined wattpad this summer), but it should be no problem if you haven't read them - I hope you will enjoy it!

Almost forgot to mention it - I have made a separate book for 'I am Nya' and have removed all the published parts from here. Working on the next chapter 🙂.

-----

The Proposal

"Can you please land over there?" Jay asked, pointing down at a green area right in the heart of Ninjago City while keeping his other arm tightly wrapped around his girlfriend.

Wearing a short yet very elegant silver grey silk Cheongsam dress that stopped at her thighs, Nya was sitting aside on the dragon rather than astride. And although she has done this on multiple occasions before tonight, even while riding on her own, it gave her boyfriend a good excuse to hold her even closer than he would normally do.

"No problem." Nya replied and instructed their hydroelectric dragon to descend into a small park. When it was almost touching the ground, the Lightning Master let go off her slim waist and jumped off the dragon. He then opened his arms to catch the female Water Ninja, who gracefully slid off the creature's side, before the two elemental masters dispelled it.

"I'm in your arms." Nya winked at him, referring to those famous words she had said to the blue Ninja when they had gone on their very first date. And even after dating for quite a long time, he barely managed to not show the same reaction – a very unmanly squeak – as he had back then.

Instead he tucked a stray strand of her raven black hair behind her ear and planted a gentle kiss on her cheek. "And I'm all yours."

And I will be yours forever if you'll have me. He nervously added in his thoughts.

Wanting to spend their training-free weekend in the City, the six Ninja plus Misako and two 'guests' were staying at Cliff Gordon's villa. After the friends had enjoyed their dinner together at Master Chen's Noddle House, the group had split up for the rest of the Saturday night. Jay and Nya were now going to the cinema to see the director's cut of the new Return of the Starfarers – Cliff Gordon's final movie – which had just been released the week prior. But while to Nya tonight was just a normal date – not that any date with the energetic blue Ninja would ever be ordinary – Jay had planned this to be the evening that was going to change both their lives. Yes, Jason Edward Walker was finally going to propose to the love of his life. And he just hoped that a) he wouldn't blow it, and b) she would accept it.

"I know." Nya smiled and affectionately ruffled his slightly tousled auburn locks. "Just as I am yours."

Jay swallowed hard. "Sh-shall we go now?" He asked, reluctantly letting go of her.

"Sure. Wouldn't want to miss the film, would we?" Nya replied, linking their arms for the short walk to Ninjago's biggest movie theatre, which was located just adjacent to the park.

"Uhm, we need to go that way." Jay told her, pointing in the opposite direction.

"Another Jay surprise?" Nya laughed. "Don't tell me we are not going to the cinema again – not that I didn't enjoy our last movie date, but I was actually really looking forward to the film..."